Let Us Remember

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
Musiclover
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Let Us Remember

Unread post by Musiclover »

When one considers that those 6 nominations occurred over a period of just 12 years, it's rather remarkable. It reminds me of something Rosalind Russell wrote about her own nominations -- "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride!"

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

I love the celebrated actress Roslaind Russel's delightful biography that uses the quote from Auntie Mame:

"Rosalind Russell, Life Is A Banquet (and Most Poor Suckers Are Starving To Death").
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Let Us Remember:

At the great age of 103, actor Kirk Douglas died
yesterday. He starred in Young Man With A Horn with Doris Day and Lauren Bacall.

Interesting he said at the height of his career in the 1950's: "I'm probably the most disliked actor in Hollywood". and followed with, "And I feel pretty good about it because that's me. I'm a pretty unlikable character".

This is consistent with Doris Day describing her time working on Young Man With A Horn as a miserable experience.

Kirk Douglas starred in Spartacus, Lust For Life, The Bad and The Beautiful, A Letter To Three Wives, and Detective Story.
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Let Us Remember:

On February 9 - 2018, handsome leading man John Gavin died at age 86.

John's films include Spartacus, Imitation of Life with Lana Turner, Psycho with Janet Leigh, Midnight Lace with Doris Day and Back Street with Susan Hayward.
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Let Us Remember:

On February 12 -1955, comedic character actor S.Z. Sakall died at age 72.

He starred in three Doris Day films that include Romance On The High Seas, My Dream Is Yours and Tea For Two.

On February 12 - 1976, actor Sal Mineo died at age 37. He starred in Rebel Without A Cause, Giant and Exodus.
Johnny