Sharing photos 2

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Sharing photos 2

Unread post by webmaster »

Just a couple of quick photos. This is Korky, I had him for 12 years and he died in 2000. He was a real character.
I don't mind admitting I cried when he died and it was like losing a friend.
But I mostly remember enjoying him and feeling responsible for him.
We had a very strong bond.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Pets/ family.

Unread post by Jas1 »

He is beautiful Bryan. I adore animals, have 2 fourteen year old brother cats, they seem about 4, but it shocks me how quickly they can decline in old age, anyhow, for now, I enjoy them. We three lie in bed at night- they nap, or have a bath! While I read or watch tv or whatever. I would love a dog [or dogs] but do not have the time or the space.

We grew up with dogs, I remember we coaxed our mother for months to get a dog and eventually got a mix from the shelter/pound - Shandy. He was adorable. We used to dress him in clothes, he seemed to really like it, I know!!!!! We were children and we loved him. He died young and our whole family cried for about a week. My mum said, 'that is why I didn't want another dog' - and we never had another. Not my motto. Yes, losing them is like losing any other member of the family, devastating, but we can't let it put us off having any more. - A rather rambling way to say [Bryan] I, and I am sure most of us, recognise your loss, it is perfectly natural.

Pam
Honorary Member

Unread post by Pam »

Bry~ Your photos of Korky show a very sweet, loving and beautiful buddy. So sorry for your loss of a dear friend.

Jas, thank you for expressing the loss of a beloved pet and our sentiments for Bryan, so beautifully~

Pam~

webmaster

Thanks Jas and Pam.

He was a very funny cat, if I can just tell you about him, he was found by two old ladies after he followed them down the road aged 4 months. No one knew where he had come from. They were looking for a home for him so a couple of us went to see him he was really cute and irresistible so we took him back to our shared house of 5 males (this was late eighties).
We used to have wild parties and he would just wander in and out again. He had no fear of people and would give you a sudden scratch or a bite if thought you were harassing him! Some of my friends called him 'Sid Vicious'! Actually he just had a tender spot on his rump and would attack you if you touched it. But we all know that pets, be it a bird, cat or anything else, have their own distinct personalities, just like people.

This is the last pic I took of him the night before he went to 'Cat Heaven'. I didn't use a flash as he wasn't very well and, in fact had just about lost the use of his back legs. I left him in the lounge that night, as I had done all week and when I woke up in the morning he was lying on the floor next to the bed - he used up his last bit of energy to be near me. I was very touched by that.

Hope I haven't depressed anyone, it's nice to talk about it. I don't want him thinking I've forgotten him!

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Those are wonderful stories. They make me think of my two cats - Bogart and Marvin- they were 19 years old when they died They were brothers and died within 3 months of each other. After 19 years it was pretty devastating to be without them.
We now have a cat called Neo (our son was into the Matrix when we got him in 2000) - he is adopted from a cat shelter. Its so funny -- we on occasion call him SID VICIOUS !!! I've never had a cat that bites - but he will bite from time to time. Now that he's getting older he rarely does it. He's a cat that you really have to respect his space. But he's also very sweet and while I'm on the computer he likes to curl up on my left arm - which makes it VERY difficult to type !
Thanks for sharing your cat stories. I love cats. I've always had a cat in my life - starting when I was 6. My kindergarten cat was named Miss Mew - clever naming by a 6 yr. old !!
Thanks again !
Toni
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

webmaster

While I'm on the computer he likes to curl up on my left arm.
I guess that's quite a cat thing to do and part of why you lose your heart to them. As in the pic below, Korky would sit in my work boxes next to my computer and suddenly leap on top of it - they were bigger in those days - and just sit there watching me or spacing out. Anyway, really nice to hear your story!

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

OMG, Bryan, Korky is so beautiful. That story about his last night is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. I'm so sorry you lost your friend, though. I just LOVE his face... what a beauty!

webmaster

Thanks

Oh thanks John, that makes me me feel really good - and I'm sure Korky appreciates the compliment (he just texted me saying 'Cool Dude!'")

Jas1
Honorary Member

Kids!

Unread post by Jas1 »

Beautiful stories. Must go though, Laurie [who is extremely vocal] wants breakfast! Fon-fon - his brother, is having a lie in - lucky!

ddfan55

Sharing Photos 2

Unread post by ddfan55 »

I know that a lot of tourists coming to Australia think that we have kangaroos hopping down the main streets - well where we live we do just that. These came past the other day for a bite to eat.

Lyn :)

http://i14.tinypic.com/8ermkwi.jpg

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Lyn, wow!!! they're so sweet. :D

webmaster

Sharing photos

...If slightly scary! Are they.. I was going to say 'tame' but obviously they are wild animals - are they 'friendly'?
I've seen them kick, I wouldn't want to get too close! :wink:

ddfan55

Unread post by ddfan55 »

Yes Sheila they are cute and yes Bryan they are well not too scary but very unpredictable. This little one came over to the fence to see what I was doing. Some of them are tame but we try and not get too close to them especially when we are walking our dog.

Lyn :)

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Certainly beats Squirrels and Sparrows, doesn't it Bryan?? I know which I would rather see :shock:

webmaster

Sharing photos

"What are you lookin' at?"

Sparrows can't kick you to death, Sheila! :lol:

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Yes, you may have a point there Bryan...I suppose, I would rather take my chances with a Sparrow than a Kangaroo. Much smaller and in my experience far less likely to kick!! :D

They're O.K when they're on their own...

But in groups, have you noticed the way they stare?? very menacing :wink:

miss maxwell
Honorary Member

Unread post by miss maxwell »

Lyn, these are certainly cute [to look at through my computer screen]!

As for the birds... no bird (including harmless sparrows) or chirping was the same ever again for me, after watching "The birds" a long time ago. :lol:

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

Bryan he looks like my sister's cat. She found him laying near her tire one day. He was about 5 months old and we took care of him and his health improved. He grew up to be rather "fluffy" cat.

c.j

loki

Unread post by c.j »

Image My Buddy Loki

Dianne
Forum Friend

Unread post by Dianne »

Meet Susie and Sobe.
"To err is human -- to forgive is canine" Unknown

webmaster

Photos

Sweet. Susie is asking for the bill and Sobe is laughing to herself about something! :)
(I thought they were in a restaurant when I first looked.)

Dianne
Forum Friend

Unread post by Dianne »

You are so witty Bryan...they do sort of look as though they were dining out. :)
"To err is human -- to forgive is canine" Unknown

webmaster

You must love them a lot.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Loki [and Susie and Sobe] are truly beautiful, aren't animals the tops?

calam192003

Re: Sharing photos 2

Unread post by calam192003 »

I just remember'd i belong'd to this group lol...after havin such a good time on th ither doris day forum thought i'd pop over here (after noticin it in my fav folder lol oopss)...
Wanted to share a pic of my dog Daxx (chocolab x husky ) and me singin lol , we have a black lab called Loki but she hates her phone taken lol
Me n Daxx
Me n Daxx
upload.png (35.78 KiB) Viewed 1929 times