Robert Goulet Has Died

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
Pam
Honorary Member

Robert Goulet Has Died

Unread post by Pam »

Sad news ~ We've lost a beautiful voice, and a great performer.

LOS ANGELES (Oct. 30) - Robert Goulet, the handsome, big-voiced baritone whose Broadway debut in "Camelot" launched an award-winning stage and recording career, has died. He was 73. The singer died Tuesday morning in a Los Angeles hospital while awaiting a lung transplant, said Goulet spokesman Norm Johnson.

He had been awaiting a lung transplant at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after being found last month to have a rare form of pulmonary fibrosis.

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

GREAT voice. His "If Ever I Would Leave You" from the B'Way Cast recording of Camelot is awesome.
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Oh - Robert Goulet ! When I was young I saw him at our outdoor theatre in Kansas City, Missouri called Starlight Theatre. We had tickets way in the back and you could see those beautiful blue eyes all the way back there ! What a voice - in addition to the blue eyes !!
Sad at his passing.

We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

Ken
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ken »

What a loss!! I had the priviledge of seeing Robert Goulet twice- -once in summer stock in Warren, Ohio then several years later with Rosemary Clooney.

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

A great performer.

Unread post by Ralph »

I have his "live" album from Vegas. Robert Goulet was wonderful, what a voice. I love those types of shows, there's always this blaring opening number and everybody's excited to see the star, etc.

ImageImage

Once, I saw Diahann Carroll in the Persian Room of the Plaza Hotel in New York. Same thing. The kitchen door opened (in the big hotels, the star always comes out of the kitchen!). She stood there before the lights hit her with three young men pulling at her dress, fixing the hair, checking the make-up and then, "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. THE PLAZA HOTEL TAKES GREAT PRIDE IN PRESENTING, MISS DIAHANN CARROLL!!!!!" Well, she looked incredible, with a Sasoon haircut, long, extra long eyelashes, a sleek black dress (drop dead back to the top of the butt) and made her entrance (orchestra blaring). She opened with the dynamic, "The Moment of Truth." The crowd went wild.

Robert Goulet was a great singer. I will miss him. :(