Romney

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
dayniac
Honorary Member

Romney

Unread post by dayniac »

Does this mean that Mitt likes Doris Day ? (the end of the article)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/03/us/po ... omney.html
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

Mitt Romney

Unread post by Ralph »

Romney probably felt, "a lot of people like Doris Day in this neck of the woods, so I'll throw her name out there. Might get me a couple of votes."

I've watched him, he's all over the place."

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Changing the subject from Politics to Sport but sticking with the "que sera, sera" theme. My husband was listening to Luton Town football club, playing Liverpool football club on the radio and when the game finished they played "que sera, sera" and thousands of football fans joined in...I think that at Luton Town football club they must sing along with Doris every home game. :)

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

That's so neat - thanks, Sheila !!
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

The 'Simpsons' tonight ended with a character singing Que Sera Sera - and the closing music was that too. It is a universal song that puts everyone in a good mood.

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Well - this isn't Que Sera - but we took our son out to dinner tonight before he heads back to college. We went to Zio's an Italian restaurant. They always have interesting music - ranging from Italian opera to Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett. Tonight - all of a sudden - they play Doris Day and Harry James - I May Be Wrong from Young Man With A Horn. Quite a surprise to hear Doris coming from the speakers ---- it sounded fantastic !! :lol:

Heatherlicious

Unread post by Heatherlicious »

Thats always an awesome feeling! We were in Starbucks one night relaxing and hanging out and all of the sudden I heard her voice and it was "It's Magic". I went up to the counter and gave them the thumbs up :P
H E A T H E R | Graphics

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

We've eaten at Zio's for years and I've never heard a song from Doris. I wonder if she's getting exposure due to the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award ??

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

My husband was listening to Luton Town football club, playing Liverpool football club on the radio and when the game finished they played "que sera, sera" and thousands of football fans joined in...I think that at Luton Town football club they must sing along with Doris every home game.
Last year when we had the soccer world championships in Germany "Que Sera Sera" was played from the quarter finals onwards, whenever a game ended with a tie and the fans had to wait for the penalty shooting to beginn.

It was an awesome athmosphere to have 50 - 60.000 people joining in the refrain and really gave me goose bumps all over...
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

I bet Doris would get a real kick out of knowing that!...didn't she used to be interested in baseball? or some other team game possibly soccer?

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

Sheila, a video of it (unfortunately pretty bad sound quality) you can see on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnY-kBugMEU

But it does give some kind of idea how it sounded in the stadium... ;-)
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

WOW..Theodomus how wonderful! isn't it amazing the impact this lovely lady, Doris Day has in many aspects of everyday life... :D