Susan Hayward

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
dayniac
Honorary Member

Re: Susan Hayward

Unread post by dayniac »

All very true !! I love Susan Hayward -- she was my favorite star when I was young.
I watch a lot of TCM - have you ever noticed they rarely show a Susan Hayward movie ?
I really don't understand the way they overlook her movies. I always loved With A Song
In My Heart, The Fighting Seabees,My Foolish Heart,and Back Street (I love the way she
says Paul in that one !)and Stolen Hours - remake of the Bette Davis Dark Victory.
There are SOOOO many !
A sad bit of info I'll add is the belief that many who worked on the film The Conqueror - including Susan, John Wayne, Agnes Moorehead, and director Dick Powell died from exposure to radioactive toxins while filming in Utah. And the studio even trucked some of the red
dirt to continue filming on the sound stage. Many people developed cancers - many dying.
Very sad.
Thanks for highlighting this wonderful lady !!
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

CokieCola

Unread post by CokieCola »

She was always great, but exception in "I Want to Live".

She had a very happy life here in Georgia, with her last husband. She lived here, off and on, for most of her last 20 years or so, and is buried in Carrollton, GA.

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

I live in Douglasville, GA. I was just in Carrollton , GA yesterday. I did know she was buried there. She was a good actress. I believe she had twins. I don't know if they live in Carrollton or not. Maybe you would know.
Carol

CokieCola

We're neighbors, Carol. I live in East Point.

CokieCola

Forgot to include the link to her location in Carrollton:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... r&GRid=465

I don't know if her twins are around here or not. I'm not sure that their father was the gentleman from Carrollton that she married.

She loved coming to Atlanta and shopping at the old Rich's downtown, from what I've heard. She also liked the way the locals always referred to her as "Mizz Chalkley" instead of "Miss Hayward"...

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

O thanks for the information Cokie. I have never seen the grave site.
Yes we are certainly neighbors. I used to live in East Point near Greenbriar. (back in 1969-1970) I used to love that mall. It was the best there was. I bought my wedding dress at that mall.
It's a small world isn't it?
Carol :)