Doris for a day/ in one of her movies

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
suzie
Forum Big Sister

Doris for a day/ in one of her movies

Unread post by suzie »

If you could be doris for just one day and could be her starring in one of her movies only. what movie would you pick ? Id want to be her making pillow talk, that movie was the perfect doris movie in my opinion.Doris said she and the others had a blaste making that film, and you could tell too as they passed their joy on to all of us. :D Thats the comedy, as for her dramatic roles, I think id like to be in TMWKTM with hitchcock.I would have loved traveling to do the location shots. How about you ?
suzie

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Re: Doris for a day/ in one of her movies

Unread post by Theodomus »

Definitely Pillow Talk for the reasons you mentioned. Close to that would only come GBB.

Other genre...?

Mmmh... I guess LMOLM or CJ if that means I could sing like that. :mrgreen:
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

Unread post by Haymarketaddict »

I think I'd pick GLASS BOTTOM BOAT simply cause its my favorite movie .. :mrgreen: ... I don't know whether she had fun doing it but it certainly looks like it was fun .. plus I wouldn't mind being kissed by Rod Taylor and all :D As for the dramatic - I agree TMWKTM cause - wow - imagine doing a movie with Hitchcock ... and James Stewart - definitely cool thought !!!

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

I'd either want to be in The Thrill Of It All or That Touch Of Mink. Now, I know these aren't her best movies, I really like them though. And who would pass up a chance to get to kiss Cary Grant or James Garner??? :lol:
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I would want to be in Pillow Talk because I personally think that the script is really good! Also I would die to wear all the clothes she wears in the movie. I love Rock Hudson so it would be wonderful to get to act with him. :D
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Pillow Talk, for the reasons mentioned! Oh, and for Mr Hudson and to experience the genius of Thelma Ritter at work!

Laurie

Unread post by Laurie »

I loved her in Please Don't Eat the Daises and With Six You Get Egg Roll. Guess, because I am the motherly, teacher type. She is so down to earth and beautiful in those two movies. It would be hard for me to pick. I have four kids, myself. If only I could have her figure. :D
"Wrinkles are hereditary. Parents get them from their children.”- Doris Day

sunnygail
Forum Friend

Unread post by sunnygail »

I would have to say for comedy LCB and for drama I would have to say julie. :wink: who couldnt use a nice trip to carmel to make a movie lol :wink:

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

Well I would definitely pick Lover Come Back because her name was Carol and that is my favorite movie.
Who wouldn't want to work with Rock and Tony.

The other would be The Thrill Of It All so I could say: "Hello, I'm Beverly Boyer and I'm a pig"
I just loved that part . :lol: :lol:

Carol

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

I'd go for (being a male) the John Rait role in The Pajama Game - then I'd get to kiss her and dance around with her. I think that would be more fun than Rock, who might have been thinking about his latest boyfriend when he kissed her. :)
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

lol, I didn't think of that Bryan.. I think The Pajama Game would be fun too.. I love the songs, the scripts, and the costumes... It's like a triple threat..lol
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

webmaster

If I had to be Doris though, I'd go for Calamity Jane. Whip Crack Away!

Daisy June

Okay Bryan I thought you would come back with something about Rock. :roll:

You know back then no one knew and who cares he's was so darn good looking I would have kissed him. I would have never known till many years gone by. :lol:
There sure were a lot of actresses who did kiss him not knowing.
I still like Rock no matter what.

Carol :)

webmaster

I like Rock too, Carol - what is there not to like? Mamie Van Doren claimed that one night Rock drove her home and made mad passionate love to her so maybe he wasn't as gay as we think. But no matter, he was Doris' best co-star - or one of them.

Daisy June

Well I have never heard that one before with Mame Van Doren, but I'm sure you know more than I do.

I always thought that Doris and Rock would have been a great married couple. I know they were just the best of friends. I will always love Rock and Doris together. They just had the best chemistry together as well as James Garner... what a HUNK!!! :lol: :lol:

For some reason I always finding myself defending Rock when that subject comes up.
Carol :)

webmaster

You don't need to - we all like him on here. :)

Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk

Lover Come Back

Daisy June

Wow Bryan, Thanks for those great pictures of Rock. :wink:
Ooh la la...was he ever handsome. :) :)

Carol

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila »

Oh yes indeedy!!! :D A fine figure of a man! 8) :wink:

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

Good Question, but it would have to be more than one day. I would like to be Doris in TMWKTM because I would get to be directed by the great Hitchcock, and people would realize that I was a serious actress. I would get to costar with James Stewart, who I adore. Then I would divorce MM on the grounds that he mistreated my son, before he could squander all my money and put me in less than steller films. My second choice would be TTOM. Besides kissing Cary I would let him be photographed on the right. Then I would "accidentally'" knock down Gig Young and give him mouth to mouth resuscitation.
The Doris Day Show

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Oh... I love the bit about Gig Young Debbi... It's too bad he never gets the girl..
Megan
-----------------

Daisy June

Wow Debbi that would be quite a day.

I love James Stewart but I always thought he was too old to be her husband in that movie. Great Movie though... I loved it!!

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

webmaster wrote:I like Rock too, Carol - what is there not to like? Mamie Van Doren claimed that one night Rock drove her home and made mad passionate love to her so maybe he wasn't as gay as we think. But no matter, he was Doris' best co-star - or one of them.

And good ol' Mamie claimed Doris Day was a drag and sour. Not the most reliable :? Maybe he figured what the heck, she's been around the block, now's my chance.

Daisy June

Yes, I did hear that Mamie Van Doren did not like Doris....well I think Doris was a lot more classy woman than Mamie. I didn't really care for her (Mamie) too much.

Carol

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

webmaster wrote:I like Rock too, Carol - what is there not to like? Mamie Van Doren claimed that one night Rock drove her home and made mad passionate love to her so maybe he wasn't as gay as we think. But no matter, he was Doris' best co-star - or one of them.
I was watching the biography channel the other day. And there was a Rock Hudson biography on right before a Doris Day one, so I watched it. It said Rock did in fact sleep with woman, because he knew liking men wasn't right. He wanted to want woman, I think he was really making an effort to like them. I guess he thought if he spent enough time with them, he'd end of choosing them over men..
Megan
-----------------

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

It said Rock did in fact sleep with woman, because he knew liking men wasn't right
Megan, I think I cannot let this stand uncommented.

It should better be "wasn't considered to be right in those days (and by some people)"

I don't want to provoke a discussion here but I guess (hope) everybody agrees that today's societies are much more open-minded on this subject.
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea