I'M NEW HERE!

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
sunnygail
Forum Friend

Re: I'M NEW HERE!

Unread post by sunnygail »

Hello, Chele-belle welcome to the forum.
chele_belle wrote:Hijacking this thread to say I'm new too! :)

I've been a fan of Doris for about 23 years now, since I was 9 years old (I'll let you all do the maths - a lady never reveals her age)!

My most favourite thing to do when I’m by myself is to curl up on the sofa with a big mug of tea and put one of Doris's films on the DVD player. Her movies truly are a source of joy to me and her music touches a part of my soul and resonates so purely within – the only thing I can liken it to is the feeling you get when you smell an aroma that takes you back to your childhood. It’s a feeling of being safe and happy and at peace.

Can't wait to read through all the threads and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. :)
Very well said and I think we would all agree.

daybyday08
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Hi, Chele Belle!!

It's so nice that you joined the forum. I am sure you will enjoy it here. I definitely agree with what you said about Doris. I'm sure the rest of us do too. Anyway, I hope you have fun here and post a lot! :D

Dominique
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

unadka
Forum Friend

Unread post by unadka »

Hi Chelle_belle,
I'm with you.

See you here!
Nada

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

Hi Chele Belle! Welcome to the forum! What you said is so true. I hope that you will love it here! I'm glad you joined! Have fun! :D
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

Hello, and welcome . We have a great time on this wonderful Doris Day forum and know that you will too.So glad that you have joined us !!!Enjoy and have fun.
suzie

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

suzie wrote:Hello, and welcome . We have a great time on this wonderful Doris Day forum and know that you will too.So glad that you have joined us !!!Enjoy and have fun.
Like you Chelle_belle,I get the exact same feeling.I grew up with the Doris-day-show.I am grateful that now I can share my thoughts here with people who understand.Curling up indeed and listen to every intonation in Doris' voice.Besides the chuckle,she has such a genuinely characteristic Doris-sound.and as you say,it makes you feel happy and you think back to those golden days and the warmth returns.
I live in Bruges,Belgium,not too far from you.We should be able to chat now that we both or on line..
(Bryan???any chances of accomplishing this....)
Where do you live exactly if I may know.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

chele_belle
Forum Friend
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by chele_belle »

melancholy wrote:I live in Bruges,Belgium,not too far from you.We should be able to chat now that we both or on line..
Dorine
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm slowly making my way through all the threads and it's been wonderful reading everything.

Dorine, I'm in Manchester at the moment, but am moving to London at the end of the year. Chatting whilst online would be great! Hopefully we get the option soon. :)
Michele

"I believe in living each day as it comes, to the best of my ability. When it's done, I put it away, remembering that there will be a tomorrow to take it's place."
Ginger Rogers

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

chele_belle wrote:
melancholy wrote:I live in Bruges,Belgium,not too far from you.We should be able to chat now that we both or on line..
Dorine
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm slowly making my way through all the threads and it's been wonderful reading everything.

Dorine, I'm in Manchester at the moment, but am moving to London at the end of the year. Chatting whilst online would be great! Hopefully we get the option soon. :)
thanks Chele,great you are moving to London later!!!we can meet for sure!!!!It is very easy on the eurostar. :roll:
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day