TCM

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
daybyday08
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

TCM

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Did anyone watch April is Paris or Starlift last night on TCM?
Also did anyone see the Doris commercial to promote the new dvd on TCM? I thought it was really great :D !
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Re: TCM

Unread post by littlepinetree »

I didn't watch it on TV last night because I ordered the set with these movies in it, and I got an email from amazon that it has been shipped!!! I'll watch these movies very soon! :D

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

Samantha, you said yourself: No complaining anymore... ;-)

Just wait and see, like the rest of us!
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

It's okay to hope!!! :D

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Isn't it good though to strive? And we all should strive to be as positive [and respectful] as Doris Day: a truly insperational lady.

ellenarden
Forum Friend

Unread post by ellenarden »

Well said Jas1. :D

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

And...WHERE are the Doris Day fan clubs..........in Britain!

And with whom does Doris Day have frequent phone and letter correspondance? The British Doris Day Fan Clubs.

So much for "luckier in America"!!!!

sunnyDAY

Unread post by sunnyDAY »

I watched "April in Paris" when it was on, even though I ordered the new set it's on. And yes I've seen the really cute commercial for the dvd set. Whenever it comes on I hush anyone else in the room so I can hear it. :mrgreen:
~ Have a sunny DAY!! ~

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

That's so funny sunnyDAY! As I said, I love the commercial. When it came on I made everyone hush too. I was so happy! :D It's funny how the little things at least for me can really make my day!

Samantha, don't be so ruff on yourself. I do think your becoming a lot more postive :)
I hope the dvds do come out in your dvd region , so you can see them.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

Beverly Boyer

Unread post by Beverly Boyer »

Hi... I was just looking through these posts and wanted to let you know that i bought a DVD player that allows me to switch between regions. I ended up bying some region 2 DVD's by mistake and went to an electronics store thinking getting a player that switches would be easy. It wasn't... they looked at me like I was trying to pirate movies or something, but I found a DVD player that had no region listed. It was only about $50.00. I asked them if I could watch region 2 DVD's on it and they told me that they couldn't disclose that information (apparently it's a hush hush thing). Well, I got it home and it only played region 1... so I called the help number and they gave me a code to enter in order to switch between regions. When I get home tonight I can look at the brand and share it with you tomorrow if you would like.

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Beverly, I would love to know! There are DVD's we don't have here that England has! With a DVD player that plays both, problem solved!! :D

Beverly Boyer

Unread post by Beverly Boyer »

I believe it is a "Coby"... it was the only one I coulf find without a globe on it (depicting the region). Hey... littlepinetree, I see that you live in Austin. I got it at the Fry's at the intersection of Mopac and Parmer. They won't tell you anything there about changing the codes at the store. You have to call the Coby company directly when you get it home and then they will send you an e-mail telling you how to change it. It is really easy... and worth it.

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Britain is what I should have said, thank you for correcting me.
I'm a world traveler, so I do know this stuff. The wrong word just slipped out. It can happen to us humans sometimes.
On ebay, I've seen movies on DVD like Midnight Lace from Britain. That is not on DVD in the USA. However, I just bought it used on VHS, so that's better than nothing.
Beverly, I do have Frys in Austin. I'll take a look there. Thank you! :D

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

Well you guys have Midnight Lace and The Ballad of Josie on DVD, which we don't have over here in America. And you guys have had Tea for Two out for a while, I believe. So there's some things you get that we don't. :(
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

ellenarden
Forum Friend

Unread post by ellenarden »

Back to TCM...

TCM used to air the Doris Warner Bros movies quite often. It's where I first saw Tea for Two, West Point Story, On Moonlight Bay, By the Light of the Silvery Moon and Lullaby of Broadway. I love the end number in Lullaby of Broadway. Everytime I think to myself "and they said she'd never dance again"

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

I had a notification a couple of days ago that this box set had been dispatched to me - I forgot I (pre) ordered it!

I don't have a problem with 'Regions' - nobody need have - a lot of modern DVD players will play any Region anyway and if they don't you just need some simple software to make a DVD in your own Region. Most computers have a built in 'make a DVD' facility. (I use Nero) And Magic DVD copier - you can download a free trial here:
http://www.magicdvdripper.com/dvd-copier.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking forward to seeing Starlift!
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Nice to know about that webmaster. Thanks!
I've never seen Starlift, and heard good things about it.
Can't wait to see it from my box set! I should receive it today! :D

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Me neither LPT - I read that Doris' part was only about 20 minutes (can't be true, surely, as she has top billing?) so I might upload some of that section for people to view online on my other site (not YouTube) as it's so rare - before they buy of course. But I'll say to the judge that no one could download it and it was only done for promotional reasons - or I'll take the Fifth. :lol:

Samantha. if you're a really good girl, I might help you out. :wink:

Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering