In Loving Memory To My Cat Danskin

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
littlepinetree
Forum Friend

In Loving Memory To My Cat Danskin

Unread post by littlepinetree »

Hello Friends,

Very suddenly on Friday night, my 18 year old cat Danskin fell ill. I took her to the vet today with little hope. Her temperature was dangerously low, and her weight only seven pounds. She was a huge cat in her younger days. At the vet I snuggled her in my arms and that was my goodbye to her. She was very much at peace.
Yesterday was my birthday that turned out to be my last full day with my baby.
I have such long, 18 years of memories of her. I miss her terribly already.
Love you always my little Danskin.

mikeydv
Music Master

Re: In Loving Memory To My Cat Danskin

Unread post by mikeydv »

Never let it be said that animals are not absolute family members...and often more loving ones. I have missed my pyewacket for 11 years now (even tho she has been succeeded by two other cats and a dog). My sympathy is with you.

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

I'm so sorry to hear about Danskin. My thoughts are with you ... I'd be lost without my little "Buddy" boy.
Like Irene Dunne done.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by Doris Martin »

Hello dear...I can understan how you feel DM

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a bittersweet birthday!
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Lisa,
I am truly so sorry to hear about your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Re- poignant dates, that is true, I have many and in a way they become special, if that makes sense. My mother died on the eve of my birthday [Oct 6] so every year since 1997 on Oct 7 - I not only celebrate a birthday, but inevitably have a sense of deep loss.

As many of you know, my darling cat 'Laurie' died last year on Friday 13 June and one of my first dealings with death was my grandmother's death in 1982- the day the Falkland's war was declared, and guess what, it was April 3 - somehow, even then, I got comfort from the link to Doris Day!

Take care Lisa.

Jas

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

Lisa, that is so sad. It must be very difficult for you. I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Thank you so much for all the support! So nice to have you all to turn to. I saw Danskin the very day she was born. At the time, my Mom lived in an apartment. There was a stray cat. Black with green eyes. The most beautiful cat I've ever seen. When she was pregnant, my Mom gave her milk and took great care of her. On Labor Day 1991, she gave birth to four kittens on my Mom's yard, under a bike cover. I had two birds back then, but I couldn't resist a kitten. She was great with the birds!
So, that's the background of my little Danskin.

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by webmaster »

So sorry to hear about that, Lisa. Many of us here have been through the same thing, it's a terrible loss and it takes a long time to get over. My cat of 12 years, Korky, died on 1/12/2000 - the date is stamped into my memory - and I cried like a baby. You don't appreciate at the time that they aren't going to live as long as you. I'm afraid it's put me off having another little companion again but after awhile the pain goes away and you just remember that special relationship you had.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

I HAVE A NEW PUPPY!

As you know, My cat died one day after my birthday and she was 18 years old.
I didn't think I would get another pet so soon, but every night when I went to bed, and in the morning, I was so painfully lonely for my sweet cat Danskin.
She can never be replaced, but I decided on a dog. I was going to get a rescue, but it is so hard here in Austin to get a dog at the pound.
Great news for the animals, but it would take an hour and a half just to be seen for an interview! There were dogs I wanted, but they were already adopted.
I heard on the Austin local news that 90 percent of the animals are saved! I do feel sorry for the other 10%. But it was so hard to get a dog from the pound,
I decided to go look into Craig's List to look for dogs for sale. But that experience was bitter sweet. Here is the scoop.
There was a woman selling Shih Tzu puppies. We drove to Smithville TX. one hour away from Austin. I loved all the puppies and was hard to choose.
My son loved the runt of the litter. I wasn't sure about that because I was concerned about his health being so small. But he was active and eating well.
My son even said he would pitch in on the cost. So we got him and named him Poco. Little in Italian, such a great name for this dog! We were all thrilled to have him!
He was just fine when we got him home. But, the next morning, he was staggering and couldn't even hold his head up. So scary!
He already had an appointment at the vet. When we brought him in, he was in good health, but his blood sugar was too low. Common in tiny dogs.
But this dog was one pound and three ounces! He was nine weeks old at that time. The breeders let him go much too soon! We wanted to keep the dog,
and would do everything to save him. I fed him every four hours like the vet said. The breeders feed the puppies only twice a day, and this tiny puppy needed to eat more often!
He got sicker and sicker. He wouldn't eat anymore and couldn't stand up. I was on the floor with him putting food on my finger and trying to get him to eat.
I broke down crying. I just lost my cat and now I could lose my puppy too! I spent $350 on the dog that should have not been sold this soon. But I didn't care about the money, just the dog.
But,I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't strong enough to take care of him. I decided to take him back to the breeders.
When I told them what happened, the woman, Debbie was very cruel. She said because the dog was healthy when with her, I'm the one that made him sick!!!
She accused me on having a trashy house and not feeding him right. I had him for five days and gave him the food Debbie gave me!! My house is beautiful and clean
and have a nice fenced in yard. Debbie has never even seen where I live! She treated me like white trash! My family and I did everything in our power to make him well.
In spite of what the breeder thought of me, I was very lucky she let me exchange him for another puppy, from the same litter. The puppy I have now is twice the size
from the other dog, and is playful and lively, and so loving! I love him like crazy.
We were going to name him Vivo, but we changed our mind only today. When I was four years old, I had a white poodle named Vivo. We always thought of him
when we looked at this new dog, and didn't seem right. Well, here is another musical term, Scherzo! Perfect since he is playful and lively!
He is the love of my life now.

oxox,
Lisa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Good luck with it all Lisa, he sounds adorable.

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Thanks Jas1!

Here is a song that sticks in my head lately!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTPMkVHU ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the song with the harmony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPZNiaQ ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funny, people on youtube think it's Doris Day when it's really Patti Page!

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

NOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That is NOT Doris Day...It is Patti Page, and they sound NOTHING alike!

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?

Wow, I knew the singing sounded different!!! But I wonder why they have pictures of Doris in this one! :?:
Many people Really think Doris sung this! Look at this link from a forum I found!

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/81259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

They also have her erroneously listed as singing BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE with Dean Martin. She never sang ANYTHING with Dean Martin. She did record that song with Bob Hope, but it is VERY hard to find.
There are a lot of stupid people out there who don't know Doris from anyone else...you know, they can't tell the best singer when they hear one. So, if it is female, they just say Doris Day when they download it to the sites. What they do is insulting Doris Day...especially to say she is Patti Page or Dinah Shore or Margaret Whiting or Peggy Lee OR ANYONE ELSE who cannot even come CLOSE to Doris' PERFECT voice.

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

I do wish people on youtube would be more careful and do some research before they put up a clip.
The insults are really bad, true, and it's not even Doris! Just terrible!
I agree that Doris has a flawless voice. No one can even get close to her.
When someone is singing in a club, and sing only her songs, I don't want to hear it. When I was in Carmel for Doris' birthday, I could care less to hear a Doris want a be, sing Doris' songs. Singers need to find their own style, like Doris did. I've been a vocal coach since 1977, and this is something I work hard on with my students, to find their own style.
Doris is one of the rare big talents!