song from Glass Bottom Boat

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
tickertom
Spam Prevention: Yes

song from Glass Bottom Boat

Unread post by tickertom »

There is a record that Doris plays on Rods console stereo. The record appears to be on VERVE label. The name of the song is BosaNova.... I was wanting to know if anyone in the forum knows the artist playing on this 33 1/3 rpm ? She puts it on to play right before Rod comes home from a meeting at work where they are discussing her as being a possible spy.

I have love Doris Day since i was a kid and remember hearing LOVE SOMEBODY with Buddy Clark on a 78 !

Thanks,
Tommy

Jas1
Honorary Member

Re: song from Glass Bottom Boat

Unread post by Jas1 »

Tommy

I know exactly the tune you mean and I love it - unfortunately I do not know the title- I am sure some of our experts will come up trumps though.

Isn't Doris wonderful in that scene, and looks so hip/ with it, current - for the time.

tickertom

The song is called Bosanova...... Its the artist name that i am looking for. I wanted to search e-bay for the record so as to hear the other songs. I believe Amazon has a listing for a cd that includes this song and you can hear a sample of it. I dont believe it is the original album soundtrack.

Yes, Doris is wonderful as usual and i have almost all of her DVDS. I started collecting the Doris Day Show (series).....

Kind Regards,
Tommy

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

tickertom wrote:There is a record that Doris plays on Rods console stereo. The record appears to be on VERVE label. The name of the song is BosaNova.... I was wanting to know if anyone in the forum knows the artist playing on this 33 1/3 rpm ? She puts it on to play right before Rod comes home from a meeting at work where they are discussing her as being a possible spy.

I have love Doris Day since i was a kid and remember hearing LOVE SOMEBODY with Buddy Clark on a 78 !

Thanks,
Tommy
it is in Amazon Stan Getz....I think

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Stan Getz did a few Bossa Nova albums in the 1960s and I have at least two- and this is not on either of them.

Pedro
Forum Friend

Unread post by Pedro »

Isn't this what you're looking for :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bossa-Bessie-St ... B001F0W8SQ

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

That could well be it Pedro.

tickertom

That is the right song. Will have to do an ebay search for the record. The record label is VERVE, and i want to get it; but mostly to see what other songs are on it. I'm not sure if this contain the same songs as the original record did....as i would love to hear what they were as well.....

thanks,
Tommy

Pedro
Forum Friend

Unread post by Pedro »

Just purchased the above CD from amazon. It's quite good. All classics from MGM films mostly played by the famous MGM studio orchestra. The bossa nova from The Glass Bottom Boat was composed and conducted by Frank DeVol for the movie. If you would like to listen to it it's there http://www.box.net/shared/88896r3kee
Pedro

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Thanks Pedro, it was lovely to hear that all the way through.

TCMMovieFan

Unread post by TCMMovieFan »

I also recall some really pleasant and enjoyable background music during the party scene -- in it, the piano plays a prominent part - its an upbeat tune and performed in a 'high society' style - wish I knew the name of it. Those films often featured good background music - nice tunes though on many occasions the exact titles were not featured on the closing credits. BTW, the pianist on that brief musical section was excellent ! Does anyone here know much more about it ?