Hi there! I'm new here

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
CalamityLisa
Spam Prevention: Yes

Hi there! I'm new here

Unread post by CalamityLisa »

Hello,
Well, I'm pretty new here so I thought I just introduce myself a bit.
My name is Lisa, I'm 15 and I'm from Germany. Despite the fact that I couldn't watch her movies when they were originally released, I'm a huge Doris Day Fan for several years.
My admiration for Doris started shortly after an unsuccessful stay in the hospital. One night I happened to watch the last 5 minutes of Pillow Talk on TV and I became so fascinated about Doris that I got interested in her and her work. A few weeks later I read her book (in English of course- well, that wasn't easy for me) and that suddenly changed me and my mood. I found out that we have some things in common and I started to admire her for her positive attitude even in hard situations and her work for animals. I think I learnt a lot by reading her book and in a way she somehow helped me to feel better. But of course you all know how she makes you happy by listening to her songs and watching her movies.
I want to add, that I’m really happy that I’ve found this forum. Finally I found people, who love Doris as much as I do. Unfortunately, most of the people I know do not even know Doris or do not like the singers/ movies of her era. I’m looking forward to get to know you all! Lisa
P.S. I hope you don’t mind my bad English

howard
Special Contributer

Re: Hi there! I'm new here

Unread post by howard »

Welcome, Lisa! It's nice to have you here ... I'm sure you'll love it!
Like Irene Dunne done.

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

WELCOME!
Your English is JUST FINE. We are happy to see you. It is gratifying to know that people of your age will help to keep the legacy of Doris Day alive! Tune in to www.frednetradio.com on your computer to hear many special Doris Day songs and stories every day.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Welcome and enjoy the forum! :)
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yes welcome Lisa, hope to see you post often.

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

Welcome, Lisa!!! I hope you like it here. My name is Nicki, and I'm 18. It's always great to meet another young fan!! Your English is great, by the way - in your other post, I thought you were from the US! Do you have a favorite Doris film? :D
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

TCMMovieFan

Unread post by TCMMovieFan »

Its really nice to have this forum and to hopefully get to meet other DD fans. For many years I thought I was the only one because I am a middle-aged person - I got to know Doris' work fot the first time when I was 7 - I was taken to a tiny movie theater in a small rural town in the mountains to see the then newly released GLASS BOTTOM BOAT and I fell under Doris' spell plus got to love her singing - for me she, Perry Como, & Bing Crosby (and Patti Page and a few others) represent the finest in singers of the American Popular Standard.
Yet I never seem to actually meet any DD fans or anyone who even knows who she is ! I hope we can continue this positive dialogue. I am looking forward to it so please keep in touch !

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

Hello Lisa,I sort of am your neighbour,I live in Belgium.I grew up with the DD-show and my first movie (and still my favourite!) I ever saw,was The thrill of it all.
Somehow Doris was part of my upbringing.Until the age of 12 I lived with my grandmother.During that time the DD-show was on and it stayed with me till now.It is about 2 years ago I found out how Doris is nowadays,where she lives etc.I just got my scrapbooks out today,quite a lot.I have her address in there and I somehow never had the guts to write to her at that age...wish I had.My scrapbook ends around 1987.
So once Doris steps into your life,don't let her go,you need her,like all of us here on the forum.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day