Tribute DVDs

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

Tribute DVDs

Unread post by Ralph »

There is a site on the Internet that features DVDs on a whole lot of stars. I didn't know that they were for sale until I inquired. This man told me that I could by a three DVD set on Aretha Franklin for a "whopping" $15.00!

Also featured are Doris Day, Lucille Ball, Diahann Carroll, Elton John, etc. Go here:

http://www.bettemidleraloha.com/tributes.htm

This guy must spend all of his time taping from TV, he seems to have a lot of important footage. :lol:

John F

Unread post by John F »

Hi,

I just received the Doris Day DVD's from this man and they are wonderful. I especially enjoyed the part of Doris receiving the C.B DeMille award. I hadn't seen it before and Doris looks great and what a proud moment. I hadn't seen her cable tv show before and I don't know anywhere else it is available. Of course it isn't the complete show but a good variety of her shows. It does take awhile to receive the merchandise but that is because the man has so many entertainers on his site about which he makes up DVD's on. The price is very reasonable.

ray
I danced with Doris!
Spam Prevention: Yes

Welcome john F

Unread post by ray »

Haven't seen you on the forum before John F, welcome! I am in Rhode Island, not far from Ma. Where in Ma. are you? Always nice to see local DD fans.

I wish the Best Friends were officailly on DVD but don't know if anyone can get the rights to them etc.. to release them. That Golden Globe moment was indeed so very special. I thought this guy that was doing the DVD's was not going to do them anymore, he had said something to that effect in an E mail many months ago.

Unread post by Guest »

Hi Ray,

I'm in East Longmeadow, MA--western Mass. My father is from Rhode Island--Warwick. Still have relatives there. I too wish the cable show would be released officially on DVD. I guess we should be happy Doris's CBS show was finally released. It was so frustrating waiting and waiting.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Hello!

Unread post by ray »

If your ever in the Rhode Island area give me a holler! [email protected], I have a lot of rare DD material and love to show other DD fans.

Unread post by Guest »

Sorry Ray, I guess I didn't log in since I came us guest. I have to get used to this. I have been looking at the posts for a while and finally got up the courage to join. It's nice to see others collect lots of Doris material. You must have quite a collection. I do think she is the greatest singer and watching her tv show she seemed so natural, like she wasn't even acting and of course she is quite pretty. You are so lucky to have met her. My friend at work met her by accident in Carmel. My friend was with her boyfriend and she saw Doris walking out of a bakery. She said to her boyfriend " she looks just like Doris Day". Doris heard her and said "I am her". My friend has a habit of doing that when she sees celebrities. Anyway, Doris conversed with them for about 20 minutes. Doris was perfectly natural and friendly. I have a friend in San Diego and he has been to Carmel and he says it is beautiful. I've never been to California but really should plan it.

John F

Unread post by John F »

I came in as guest again. That was me.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Glad you posted

Unread post by ray »

Glad you finally posted John. Thats an interesting story that your friend saw Doris. Was it recently? California is beautiful, My Neice used to live there. Don't forget to E mail me, I have many wonderful DD Stories.

Unread post by Guest »

I believe this was back in the 1980's that my friend met Doris, and it was a total suprise. From what I've read I don't think Doris goes into town much anymore. I admire her because she retired when she did and we can remember her as she was and she made a life for herself outside of show business. Of course it would have been nice if she had made a cd but I have a cd of when she was on johnny Carson being interviewed when her book came out and she said "I don't want to work, I don't need it". After working hard all her life and having her money taken from her and having to do a tv show she never wanted to do which turned out to be a blessing as she was able to recover her fortune, well I don't blame her for wanting to enjoy life and do what she wants to do.

John F

Unread post by John F »

I did it again. I think I better quit for the day.

John

Katie

Unread post by Katie »

I ordered these DVDs from the site sometime last year....They're nice to have as part of my Doris collection...

And hello John...its nice to see someone that is somewhat nearby..im from connecticut.
- Katie

Unread post by Guest »

Hi Katie,

I'm on my second time watching these DVD's. They are great. I e-mailed Jeff who runs the website and thanked him for how nice they were and he said that he honestly thought the long delay in receiving them would overshadow the quallity of them. He spent $300.00 on a DVD duplicator so if anyone orders anything from him in the future he can fill the orders much faster. I will probably order other things from him. The Lucille Ball and Bette Davis material looks good.

John

John F

Unread post by John F »

Let's try again. That was me.

John

ray
I danced with Doris!

DD Get Together

Unread post by ray »

Forum member Ken came up with a great idea! We should plan a DD Get Together with so amny in this area like Katie, Myself, John F and there si another girl in Ct. We could meet at The Vanilla Bean Cafe, which is only a hour hour from here. What do you think Katie and others in this area? Ken could fly from Ohio and stay at my place, I am extending the invite now Ken!LOL I MAy we had a small get togehter n New York which was nice.

ray
I danced with Doris!

DD GetTogether

Unread post by ray »

Sorry about my typos, I had a rough night last night!LOL! But another small DD get together would be very nice.

Katie

Unread post by Katie »

Ray--

I think that is great idea! The Vanilla Bean would be a great place to meet up, have some good food, and of course, some fun DD chat.

But if you didnt want to travel that far, we could meet in a more central point. I feel bad because youd be traveling an hour, and I only about 5 minutes up the road from the Bean. I'm not sure how far the others would have have to travel...But I thinks its a wonderful idea!
- Katie

ken c

Unread post by ken c »

Thanks for the invite Ray-- Sounds good.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Get Together

Unread post by ray »

When would you sll like to plan this get together? After the Holidays? I am at work got to run...let me know! 8)

ray
I danced with Doris!

Get together

Unread post by ray »

Sooner than later might be a good idea for our get together! Katie, The Vanilla Bean is not that far from here and I would like Ken to see it. I have many DD items to share such as my last letter and some rare photos and it would be great for like fans to get together even if it is a small group!
Pam or John F if you are looking in, e mail me to make concrete plans. [email protected] and anyone else in the Ma. Ct or Rhode Island area. Would be great fun!

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

I ordered!

Unread post by Ralph »

I just ordered Aretha and Madame (Wayland Flowers)! The guy who is sending them is so great. He gave me a price (much too cheap) and I added some extra money for his "stupidity." In reality, he's a nice guy with an obsession and deserves a fair price for what he's providing.

If these DVDs are as good as Doris Day Forum members have reported, he needs to raise his prices about $10.00.

ray
I danced with Doris!

DVD's

Unread post by ray »

I just ordered the DD tribute DVD's and Ralph is right the price is very cheap. Looking forward to seeing the end product, from what I read on the forum it sounds very good!

Also just ordered the Tab Hunter book and The Man Who Invented Rock Hudson, a two book deal on Amazon. My collection certainly is growig again!!

Katie

Unread post by Katie »

The DVDs are really good and obviously worth it, but they take months to get. IT took me about 5 months for mine to come in. guess this guy has a lot of orcders, as he has a lot to offer on his site.
- Katie

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

Aretha / Madame

Unread post by Ralph »

He promised that he'd get mine off right away. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I ordered Aretha Franklin and Madame (the puppet), who was funny as hell.

Unread post by Guest »

Can someone tell me the email adrress of this guy so I can order the dd dvd's

Thanks

Unread post by Guest »

Can someone tell me the email adrress of this guy so I can order the dd dvd's

Thanks