Hi folks

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
Tybear2015
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Hi folks

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

hello all, I am so excited about being on the Doris Day forum with other Doris fans. I love this website. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to participate in celebrating such a wonderful lady.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Re: Hi folks

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Ty~ It's good to have you aboard. Glad that you like it. Lots of talented people who work with photos and a library full of Doris material about her life. You won't find this elsewhere. Some of us have been here so long that we are walking with canes! (just kidding)

Have fun,
Lauren

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

it has been a real honour to be part of this forum.As you all know I found so many pictures of Doris to be shared with you.(for over more than 5 years),I did not take them from Tumblr,but I just really digged them up.Now Dayniac,which I follow on Tumblr posts wonderful ones,which end up here.My harddrive is gone,so I have to start afresh.But I feel no more support.I do sincerely want to thank Jas who was always there with lovely comments.However,I cannot compete with Barbara Chambers Norton.She is your queen,so enjoy your elite group.Let's not forget that "Summersun" (Christie Siettos) tought her how to paint through pixlr.
Also I have no more access to my Tumblrpage "simplydodo" because of my pc.
So do enjoy yourselves.
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Welcome! My name is Ania and I am from Polish It's wonderful forum, herein are amazing people :D We all love Doris I no longer remember when I joined this forum, but I'm glad that I'm here :D Doris is my angel, my muse, I love Doris It's great that you join us :D All the fans here welcomed me very warmly thank you, that I can be in this forum Have fun with us well. Greetings from Poland:) Ania

___ ❀ ❀ ❀ ____ ❀ ❀ ❀ ___❀ ❀ ❀___

Ps: I joined the forum Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:05 pm How time flies...
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Dorine - it sounds i, like you are leaving - is that right? I hope not. We need you. We need everyone - at the end of the day we are a small group of people keeping the Doris memory alive. Here at least.

That's why I appreciate the fact that you've just jumped in and started posting, Tybear. A lot of people join but don't post. So thanks and welcome,

I guess I've been here the longest :lol: since I first thought of starting a forum for Doris in year 2000. The first six months there was just me and one other person. I felt like giving up and was going to and then someone else joined, and then more. It's been like that from the beginning, people come, people go but, thankfully, a lot of people have stayed for almost the whole time. Some more than 10 years.

Sometimes I feel like leaving myself! - but I can't obviously! My main satisfaction is that I created a space for Doris fans to communicate and I think that is down to her talent and not my ability to create a website. Some peope call it 'my forum' (especially Lauren!) she won't believe me but I never think of it that way. It's the Doris Day Forum. Pure and simple. I was going to say like Doris, but she's not like that, she's as human as the rest of us. One day it will end, but not yet.

As Yul Bryner said in "The King and I", etcetera, etceter and so forth... :)
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

That is very kind of you Bryan,I remember I joined in 2009 and how thrilled I was.I honestly do not want to leave,but somehow I feel very uncomfortable that after all those years nobody has a word to say,except for Jas who I truly liked.He was the first person to always comment.It is not because I no longer post I don't check up on your forum,I nearly always comment on the lovely banners.I enjoy seeing Howard's and Ania's pictures,so I will keep a low profile,okay?
by the way,nobody is communicating,but I am over it now.And there will be no end at all seeing how Doris looked on birthday this year.She looked even better than last year!
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Mel~
I'm sorry to read that you are thinking about leaving. I hope that you will reconsider. Sometimes we do have to take a rest for a bit and then come back. I also left for a year and just came back again. I joined the forum in 2004, and, as a result, learned how to make videos thanks to Bryan. He is just sooooo talented and we all can learn a great deal from him. I am just so sad that YouTube does not allow copyrighted material in videos any longer and they mean business. So, if I make another video, it will have to have Doris' talking voice on it but no more songs.

Take a breather, and, if I can be of help with photos, my email is [email protected].

Lauren

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Thank you Lauren.I'm sure I am going to love it here. I really want think of a better subject than the beautiful Doris Day and to share our love of her many talents. She does everything to perfection and its so hard to believe that she is still going strong at 91. Again thank you for your warm welcome. Tybear

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Welcome Tybear and enjoy.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

I'd like to add my personal welcome to Tybear.

I'm in agreement with what Lauren had to say. In my view, this forum is unique and Bryan has created a wonderful place for to celebrate the many talents of Doris Day. The sheer amount of reliable information about all facets of her career is staggering. Bryan's leadership and sense of fair play has fostered a respectful and courteous tone among the members. That is not easy to accomplish either. Just take a look at some of the other forums where fans post comments about their favorite stars. More often than not, you will find one little feud erupting after another, unless the moderators have established a code of conduct and take the time to enforce it. Byran, on the other hand, has managed to carry a soft stick and keep things on an even keel here - not an easy thing to master.

And even with the many social media sites and pages dedicated to Doris now, you won't find the breadth and depth of information there that you will find here IMO.

As for Dorinne's comments, I regret that I don't often take the time to post about the many rare and delightful photos she has shared in the Photos section. I mostly just comment on the forum banners. I will take this as a reminder to spend a little more time in the other sections of the forum going forward. I do hope she will reconsider and find her way back here soon. By the way, I think the creativity that Barbara, Puck and Bryan bring to the many dazing banners is very impressive.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Michael- i couldn't have sait it better!

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Thank you all. I love Doris and I love this forum with all the information and beautiful banners and pictures shared. Its nice to know there are other people who love her and celebrate the wonderful person she is. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join.

Tybear

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

I love posting on the forum. You all are so nice and welcoming and i know Doris would love that about you. its so interesting to read what other fans write about the wonderful and amazing Doris Day. i knew there were other fans out there who love her as much as i do. I am so happy that I found this site and that Bryan was so gracious to allow me to join. i know this is a very time consuming effort for Bryan and i really appreciate everything you do to keep fans informed. Thank you all so much! I've read where some of you are thinking about leaving the forum, please don't, we need everyone's input to honor Doris and keep her memories alive. She certainly deserves that and so much more for her contributions.

Thank you so much!

Tybear

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Ania,

Thank you for the welcome. That is so awesome that you from Poland and are a member of this beautiful forum. that just shows me how vast her fan base is. i am already feeling right at home knowing that i am able to communicate with you and other fans. i look forward to a long lasting relationship with her many fans.

thanks,
Tybear

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Jas1,

thank you. i am truly feeling very welcome and i am enjoying this immensely. everyone is so nice. ive wanted to do this for awhile. so grateful for the priviledge.

Tybear

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Thank you jmichael. i appreciate how each of you have welcomed me in such a warm and wonderful way.

Tybear