Re: My Doris Day Autographs

Unread post by Day&MacRae »

Wow, great art work David!!!
~Kimberly~

dhfarle
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by dhfarle »

Thanks again. I appreciate your comments. I actually sent it to her to keep, but she signed it and sent it back. I guess it'll go on the wall :wink:

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

The drawing is great.

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

David do love your drawning, thank you so much for sharing.
I'm jealous Mike I do not have any autographs of our Miss Day, your are lucky !!!
Puck

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Sorry, I must do made a correctie, because I did write Mike, but I meant David !!

TCMMovieFan

Unread post by TCMMovieFan »

dhfarle wrote:Image
This is the same autographed picture that DD sent me ---only she used my name instead !!! ;)
On my photo she also added --- '& HONEY' so that is the name of the loveable white dog-----sorry but I don't know the species----does anyone ?

Lordy23

Unread post by Lordy23 »

She was truly beautiful like angel from heaven goes down on earth

to make the people happy.

I remember when I'm still a child my mom always watched every time she has a movie.

My mom copy her hair style and the way she dress.

And take not my mom have all the album of Doris and pictures and movies .

Donna

Unread post by Donna »

brillaint photos and autographs there.... I sent this photo of about three weeks ago.. bought it on ebay, and sent it with a big addressed envelope.. lovely isnt it

TCMMovieFan

Donna wrote:brillaint photos and autographs there.... I sent this photo of about three weeks ago.. bought it on ebay, and sent it with a big addressed envelope.. lovely isnt it
Yes, its truly a wonderful picture......truly captures the spirit of both DORIS & CALAMITY JANE ! 2 FOR THE PRICE OF ONE !
It is truly amazing that she is still churning out those autographs....using her very own handwriting and signature and refuses to rely on any of those 'auto-pen' or 'pre-prints' that do look so fake !
I tip my hat to her...sadly she is among the LAST OF THE MOHICANS............
What do we have today ?! NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Donna

Unread post by Donna »

yes your right... not many like her is there..... I did contact Maureen Ohara recently, sent her a 8.10 pic of herself and she autographed it for me.. so some still out there but not many.. if anyones interested she lives in Cork in Ireland most of the year now... and Ill give you the address to send for her autograph...I have another pic of Miss Day with the message.... To Irene. thank you for the sweet gift.. and her name.. I had sent her a silver bangle at that time..and just to know that she actually reads letters and takes note of whos who is wonderful.. I dont know how she can be bothered...

TCMMovieFan

A few months ago, I adopted a most beautiful kitten from the Humane Society. Of course, I took some snapshots and mailed them with a letter to Miss Day.
I did not hear back from her but I did have a return address on my letter and apparently the letter did not bounce as the Post Office would have returned it to me.......
So I am assured that Miss Day did receive both the letters and the pictures.......the kitty is so cute....I wonder if Miss Day finds her to be as cute as I !
Oh, well no doubt over the years Miss Day has received numerous pictures of people's dogs, fish, cats, horses, hamsters, pet snakes, et al......she has enough of those now to wallpaper all the rooms in her house and even the bathrooms ! :lol:

Donna

Unread post by Donna »

Since 1988 I have written just over a dozen letters to Miss Day and every one was answered. some with letters and a photo or just autographed photos.. I would write more but she must be so busy and it will be tiring answering everyone id think now.. but she takes her friends as she calls us seriously and wants to be her usual lovely person..

TCMMovieFan

I just hope she enjoys having those precious photos of my beautiful kitty cat !
Cream Puff is a gem ! She is 75 % white in color and the remainder is black.
Her face resembles one of those Venetian Carnival Masks....black on the top and including her nose and the mouth is white and there are black circles 'islands' within the white and on her paws....and then a black tail !
She is quite a character...on her own and with absolutely no training she learned how to play the game of 'Fetch' with a red plastic drinking straw...which is apparently her favorite toy !
She also likes to go 'shopping'....often carries around an empty plastic bag within her mouth and acts so seriously doing it as she prances around very proudly.
She also enjoys doing 'emails'.....also likes to shove the red plastic straws under the door -- often creating symmetrical designs with same !
Very nosy...not a single thing escapes her and she can never be fooled.....also not at all finnicky with her food.......just about everything one can name is her favorite ! 8)

luckyme123
Forum Friend

Unread post by luckyme123 »

All i want for CHRISTMAS IS AN AUTOGRAPH OF MY HEART,DORIS DAY.IT WOULD MAKE ME SO HAPPY. MY FRIEND SENT A ENENVALOPE AND STAMP,PRAYING TO GET IT.PATTY LUCKYME123 MY HOLIDAY WOULD BE COMPLETE. LOVE YOU ANYWAY MISS DAY HAPPY HOLIDAY TO YOU DORIS. ALSO ALL OF YOU IN THE FORUM.GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

anita

Unread post by anita »

Speaking of which, I wrote Doris about a month ago and haven't heard anything so far. Should I be worried?

Thanks! Anita