BEING CREATIVE WITH DORIS

Unread post by Barbara » 21 Mar 2012, 20:01

Barbara

Re: BEING CREATIVE WITH DORIS

Unread post by Barbara » 21 Mar 2012, 22:51

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 21 Mar 2012, 23:49

"This one is beautiful" Done by someone else. Can be seen on sampod4u under everything about Doris. Go to the topic (Being creative with DD) We have a lot of fun playing with the link she gave us.

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck » 22 Mar 2012, 10:37

Love it, especially the first one.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy » 22 Mar 2012, 18:01

how about this one?
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 22 Mar 2012, 18:52

Lovely.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 22 Mar 2012, 23:16

A shooting star fell from Heaven and landed on earth about 90 years ago on April 3 1922

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 22 Mar 2012, 23:19

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 22 Mar 2012, 23:25

This one was done by someone else hope she don't mind be displaying her artwork
ALL THIS ARTWORK CAN BE SEEN ON SAMPOD4U UNDER EVERYTYING ABOUT DORIS LOOK FOR THE TOPIC
(BEING CREATIVE WITH D D) The person that created this picture started the topic.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 22 Mar 2012, 23:47

"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket and never let it go"

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 23 Mar 2012, 17:32

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 23 Mar 2012, 17:34

Beautiful Day

Becky
Forum Friend
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by Becky » 24 Mar 2012, 00:51

I made this about a month ago :)
and my graphic for her birthday! :D
^ I added the little pet pictures as I know she loves cats and dogs :D

That is all what I have done of her so far. It is hard finding very HQ pics of her. But I have one or two things I have been procrastinating for a long time. About 20% done. Just edits and things

If anyone would like to suggest any ideas of what i should make. Please share!

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy » 24 Mar 2012, 06:25

Becky,2 very impressive pictures of Doris and your birthdaycard is stunning.
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 24 Mar 2012, 10:15

Becky wrote:I made this about a month ago :)

That is all what I have done of her so far. It is hard finding very HQ pics of her. But I have one or two things I have been procrastinating for a long time. About 20% done. Just edits and things

Becky I love your picture. I will leave you a link you can go to later that will let you put your picture in and then add things to it to enhance it. ♥

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 24 Mar 2012, 10:21

This is the very first picture Doris ever sent me and I didn't even ask for one, I just sent a letter to her with a small donation to her animal foundation. but the one she sent was an 8 x10 in color this is one done in kind of sepia tone

Becky
Forum Friend

Unread post by Becky » 25 Mar 2012, 01:14

Thank you :D . I use Photoshop CS5. They have a very wide variety of tools you can use on images. You can also download files online to add things to your work. Like the little picture frames used in my art, all from downloads online. The font on the first Doris art peice is also a download. Just having standard fonts is very limiting for me. There are many things you can use, like PSD's which are files you open up on Photoshop. I use those a lot. Or textures, which are backgrounds you put on your art or add a effect to an image and stuff like that. The swirly thing used on my birthday graphic is classed as a texture. A PNG is an item with a empty background. I suppose the picture frames I used in my birthday graphic could be classed as that, because around them there was nothing. On the images of Doris I made into Green, Grey and those other 2 colours, they were PSD's. If you fiddle with the layers and drag them onto a picture, you get effects like these. Same with the yellow effect used on my first graphic, which made Doris' eyes really striking blue. The original image was really quite bland in colour, so I used this PSD onto this image and it turned out quite nice I think. I still think it is still quite yellow, but I did mess around with it a lot.

I have been using Photoshop since 2008. I also used GIMP for a while, but I did not like that programme. The first work I started out with was really awful. It all just started out for fun, I saw other people make art, so I tried it out. I did enjoy myself, but I found it really stressful instead of fun most of the time, but I still enjoyed it. Obviously, I'm still doing it today. I don't feel I've improved much at all. I'm not a creative person and it is very hard finding files online sometimes. I just do things my way, because doing it any other way doesn't work. I have problems with expressing myself. I have an idea in my head, but it never works out on the screen or on paper. It is not something I would like to get work out of, you can't get work out of things like this. Not even magazines have use of these things.

People still call me a 'beginner' or say 'Good try' or things like that, those things really get to me. Especially when the person saying it is very talented or hasn't been going for long, yet is in the 'expert' category on places. I do get jealous when I see others art or work all the time and I'm just basic compared to them. They haven't even being going for long, maybe even a year, yet here I am, 4-5 years later, still no better or as good as them. It really feels like a dead end road. Or when I make something for someone and they obviously don't like it, but like others instead. I have given up many times throughout 2008 to now. Lost inspiration, lost motivation. To be honest, I don't even make anything anymore. Those items up there were made last month, but even before that, I had made only one piece months before that. I get really down on myself. One of my dreams when I was younger, was to be an artist. Yet, I was always so awful at it and teachers told me off and to try again or critisized me and no one else. People say you are good at what you like doing. But not always does it work like that! I have never been a person good at anything. But I still try, even if it goes nowhere! If I ever do win a graphic art comp online, it is because only one person entered apart from me or something like that. It doesn't do much to your self-esteem!!! :shock:
I hate this 'competition' that is forced onto me or anyone else who isn't as skilled. They put people into groups such as 'beginner' or 'talented' or 'expert' and little descriptions below and you feel really bad. And they hold competitions and the expert people always win! Or those skilled people always get comments all the time on their art, and if I get any, it is "You've improved :lol: :lol: ". I don't post anymore. It often leaves me in tears. When I think of how much art I made last year, it was only about 3 pieces. I'm not one for competition. I just can't stand it!! If one person likes my art or says something nice, it will make my day. It makes me feel all warm inside. Even if I'm suspicious if they are lying. One time singer Delta Goodrem said my art was beautiful (or something like that) on Twitter. I was so touched. I think it was the happiest moment of my life. It was back when I liked her a lot. I don't like her anymore. I just lost meaning of why I ever liked her and she has changed a lot in a way I just don't really like anymore. But I will never forget the lovely thing she said. If Doris said my art was beautiful, I would have meaning to keep making work. Because someone I respected and admire so much loves it and no one else would matter. If Doris ever said that to me, I would cry and be incredibly touched. Yeah, but of course I would be suspicious if she said it just to make me feel better. I have only had about 2 compliments in my whole lifetime that really meant something to me. Heck, I think that is all I've had at all! As you can tell, I'm incredibly critical of myself and judgemental of myself

I really love that photo of Doris and what you done to give it that 'vintage' effect. It is really nice. I wish I could receive something from her! :D

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June » 25 Mar 2012, 09:05

Becky I think what you did is just beautiful. It's very different and has a very good vintage look.
You should be proud of what you do....everyone is different in there own way.
All the different layers you put on your card I truly love.

If you would like to write Doris you can write her at the following:

Doris Day
P.O. Box 223163
Carmel, CA 93922

It may take her some time to answer but she will.

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv » 25 Mar 2012, 15:54

If you would like to see this topic really covered well, check out the same topic on www.sampod4u.com forum. It was begun there by our friend Christie who deserves full credit for it.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania » 25 Mar 2012, 17:50

ImageImage

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara » 26 Mar 2012, 09:38

Daisy May2u wrote:
Becky wrote:I made this about a month ago :)

Becky I love your picture. I will leave you a link you can go to later that will let you put your picture in and then add things to it to enhance it. ♥
Love this photo Becky

Becky
Forum Friend

Unread post by Becky » 29 Mar 2012, 01:38

thank you. I'm working on a little drawing for the CD comp running by a radio. The prize is the cd in the banner.

Becky
Forum Friend

Unread post by Becky » 29 Mar 2012, 10:15

Here is my drawing. I love to draw. I gave her a big smile and a cute little dog to walk. This is a la 50's Doris.
:lol: :lol:
Yes, a few Doris Day puns here and there haha. I drew her hair curled out, instead of the usual trademark, curled IN do. As I've seen her hair done like this in a few photos. She is wearing pink lippy, a pearl necklace, purple sequined (or white spot) purple jacket, blue jumper/t-shirt?, black standard classy pants, brown boots and a adorable little bow headband. I saw her wear a bow in her hair in a old pic. So I had to draw this bow in her hair! The little dog is a friendly little dog she is walking, he was inspired by a soft toy dog I have that looks just like him. He is not shy of the camera! lol. Doris is enjoying her lovely 'day' out in the sunshine, walking her doggie out in California :D

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin » 29 Mar 2012, 14:07

Fabulous!!! You all are so very talented. I'm sure Doris would love the creations that I've seen here!!!

Lauren

Becky
Forum Friend

Unread post by Becky » 01 Apr 2012, 02:05

thank you! I'm trying to think of what I want to make next. My next piece of art I'm planning on making is actually protest art against Youtube lol