Photo Search

Pics and images posted by Forum members
donllively
Spam Prevention: Yes

Photo Search

Unread post by donllively » 08 May 2012, 21:06

Hello fellow DorDay Fans,
I had a photo of Doris Day "taken" from my office. It was an obvious studio photo, with her wearing what I would call 'skinny pants' with maybe matching blouse. She was sitting on a chair as high as a bar-stool, though it wasn't a bar-stool, and she was leaning slightly on the chair's back, somewhat relaxing her head on the hand of the arm resting on the chair back support. The photo was black & white, but it could have been a nice reprint of a color original, I cannot tell if the dark color of her outfit is red, blue - or even dark gray, but it didn't look like a black outfit. Golly, it could have even been denim.
I acquired the approx 8"x10" framed photo from a sidewalk sale near Perkasie PA in the 1980s.
Just after the pic was "removed" I searched for this photo but have yet to locate it. I've been quite a while looking an image of this photo. I've found similar but not the one I'm seeking.
Have any of you Doris Day photo aficianadoes seen this photo?
Thank you, in advance,
DonL

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Re: Photo Search

Unread post by Peter Flapper » 09 May 2012, 14:55

Hi DonL,

If you could upload the one that's similar, it would probably help us all to find the one you are looking for. I hope this is possible. I will go through my collection.

Greetings,

P

HilB126
Forum Friend

Unread post by HilB126 » 09 May 2012, 17:42

Maybe perhaps narrow down the years as well? Perhaps a 1950-1955 type of a deal. I'm sure one of us is bound to have it.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 10 May 2012, 05:54

Yes, or narrow down Doris' look/ hair style= was it short as in Young at Heart/ Pajama Game (my guess is it is) - or long; in a bob (as in Glass Bottom Boat); or up (as in Pillow Talk/ Please Don't eat the daisies)???

I'd guess it was one of those 1950s cheese cake pics - with Doris with short hair - circa 1956- in pedal pushers/ capri pants and looking just delicious!

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin » 10 May 2012, 09:27

i think i know the picture you're thinking of
i'll try to locate it for you on the net. She had her legs swung up almost uncomfortable so, but she made it look so natural and relaxing, often wondered if she done yoga

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper » 31 May 2012, 14:38

Hi there,

Haven't got many pictures of Doris on a "bar-stool', but maybe the one you are looking for is looking like one as the photo's posted below:

Greetings,

P

markcrook

Unread post by markcrook » 16 Mar 2015, 15:52

Hey I'm looking for the same print -, but I can't locate it either. the one that Peter currently has on his email. I think it was taken in the mid 60's. I am also on the lookout for prints of the 1980's shoot done by Harry Benson - Ania posted a magazine article last year which had them in. If anyone can help I'd be really grateful.
Mark

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania » 20 Mar 2015, 15:33

ImageImage
Maybe it these pictures?

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube