Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Photos from the Les Brown Episode on Best Friends

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin » 30 Mar 2014, 16:59

Jas1
Honorary Member

Re: Photos from the Les Brown Episode on Best Friends

Unread post by Jas1 » 31 Mar 2014, 12:48

Thanks Lauren for these, didn't Doris look fab?

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin » 31 Mar 2014, 18:00

Jas~
The answer to your question is yes, yes and yes!!! I don't know when I have ever seen Doris so majestic looking, so happy and at peace. This would have been 1985, so perhaps she was looking at the possibility of Best Friends going on for a few years so that she could get the word out about animal welfare. But it was not to be.

I looked up the statistics. Only 68% of Americans had cable back then and to make matters worse the show was on the Christian Broadcasting Company not known for shows about animal welfare or for harboring major movie stars. So, I guess they had to dump it for lack of viewers. Boo.

Lauren

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 01 Apr 2014, 15:18

Yes Lauren, it is a pity but I am so glad Doris did this show as it showcased how amazing she was looking at this time - just wonderful. Of course, it got the message across too- albeit maybe not in massive numbers, about animal welfare. Read an article at the time where Doris confirmed she had been offered big network shows (in other places have read she was offered Dynasty and Dallas to name a few) - however, she turned them all down for the animals! Also remember reading about this time that Aaron Spelling v much wanted Doris to star in a new soap - about a retired singer...all - what ifs, but what was meant to be - was!