2015 Doris Day Pictures

Pics and images posted by Forum members
Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: 2015 Doris Day Pictures

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

I was there at the Convention as well as Howard so I would be happy to tell you what I remember. The lady sitting next to the podium was the wife of one of the horn players in Les Brown's band. They visited Doris many times and came to love Carmel. Doris said that she talked them into buying a home there. So, they were great friends to Doris for many years until the lady died.

Doris mentioned at the podium that the lady got a job on "Romance on the High Seas" so she was on the set. Doris said that the both of them had no idea what to do or where to go on the set. Everyone laughed when she said that. So did the lady.

Lauren

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Unread post by Musiclover »

Lauren, from your info about the lady by the podium (photo on page 1), I believe she was Evelyne "Evie" Nash, wife of saxophonist Ted Nash. Thanks.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Thanks Howard for the wonderful photos, I haven't seen these.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

I came across this little video of Doris called, "In the studio chatter" I think it shows how great DD could just pick up and sing courses of songs with no problem. I just put together a little photo of her recording in the studio to go with the video.

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Love those candid moments from the recording sessions, Barbara -- especially Doris's comment about taking off her shoes. A vocalist needs to be comfortable when singing!

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

I know Judy, I have gone back and listen to this about 3 or 4 times now, I love how she could just start in the middle of a song and it was still just lovely, but she always knew if she was not in tempo, I remember one line she said kind of to herself "I should have stopped it right away" Also I had to ask Mike Devita what the name of one of the songs she was trying to sing, and she only did a line or two of it. It is the one she sings right after Gypsy In My Soul. He told me it was "For All We Know", from her Love Album. Beautiful song.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Welcome back, Lauren, Hope you enjoyed your sabbatical! :)

A few images:

You know who.

Send Me No Flowers - love Rock's expression here. :)

Teacher's Pet - Nice A..anatomy!

Set of Lucky Me - still one of my favourite Doris throw-away films.

Set of Tunnel of Love.

Carol Haney amuses Doris,

Doris and Robert Wagner - she's met everyone, hasn't she?

"Who's directing the picture? The horse?" :lol:
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Musiclover wrote:Great photos, Howard. Who is the lady seated next to the podium?
I thought I answered this question for you, Musiclover. If you find it some place else, please excuse. I'm still trying to find my way around here after being gone a year. The lady next to the podium was the wife to one of the horn players in Les Brown's band. I can't remember his name, but Howard (who knows everything there is to know about Doris) might remember. Doris told the story that after she moved to Carmel she had several people visit her. She sort of winked at that. Anyway, the horn player and wife really loved the area and Doris talked them into buying a home there, which they did.

The woman was an old friend of Doris' because Doris said that she got a job as stand-in on D's first movie. She joked that the both of them wandered around the set not knowing what they were doing. (everyone laughed). Unfortunately, the lady died at some point in the 90s, I believe. She was a great, long-time friend of Doris' so I can just about imagine what a loss that was to her. Doris asked the horn player to come to this party, but he declined saying that he wanted to play tennis instead. Doris didn't look to pleased at that.

It was a wonderful party and get together for Doris and I think she was pleased and happy. Each one of us got to go up to her privately; get our picture taken with her; give her a gift; and have a little chat. For each of you who wonder what Doris is like in person - she is a doll. You wouldn't be disappointed. - Lauren

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Musiclover wrote:Lauren, from your info about the lady by the podium (photo on page 1), I believe she was Evelyne "Evie" Nash, wife of saxophonist Ted Nash. Thanks.
Yes!!!! That's who is was. When you get to be 70, you'll forget a pile of things, too, Musiclover!! Ha!!!
Lauren

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Thanks to you all :D Barbara, Howard, Bryan great photos, thanks :D
ImageImage

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Thanks, Ania for that wonderful article and picture of DD and Jimmy and Clint, I haven't seen that before.
I tried to do just the picture and posted it on my Doris page, and everyone loved it. Also I am leaving one more taken that same evening. Doesn't DD look lovely here?

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Love that color photo, Barbara. Hadn't seen it before. I'm pretty sure that event was in 1988; if so, who else ever looked that good in their mid-60s?!!

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Judy, you are so right again, love all the knowledge you have on our girl. :wink:
Here are another couple shots of that night.

James Stewart and Doris Day during 1988 Monterey Film Festival Honors James Stewart at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Monterey, California, United States.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

The created photo of Julie is terrific. Thank you very much and also thanks for the photos below at the Monterey Film Festival, as there are 3 new photos that I have not seen. Your work is appreciated.

Lauren

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Lauren, the photos came from the getty images page. If you want to check it out. Has a lot of other good photos of Doris on there.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news- ... /115364303

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Neat link to the Getty images; thanks, Barbara!

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Your welcome Judy, thought it had some pretty good pictures on there.

aussiealan

Unread post by aussiealan »

Lauren Benjamin wrote:
Musiclover wrote:Lauren, from your info about the lady by the podium (photo on page 1), I believe she was Evelyne "Evie" Nash, wife of saxophonist Ted Nash. Thanks.
Yes!!!! That's who is was. When you get to be 70, you'll forget a pile of things, too, Musiclover!! Ha!!!
Lauren
Lauren...have you ever shared that photo of you and Doris on the Forum? I have many from that occasion but don't know if yours is one of them...would love to see it.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Wondere where/ at which event the pic of Rock and Doris [above] was taken? From Doris' look - it would appear to be mid to late 1960s- wonder if it was taken at one of Rock's famous parties? The theme here would appear to be Western.

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

I believe it was at a SHARE benefit party.
Like Irene Dunne done.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Bob Hope and Doris have Santa Claus'on the air together in LA in 1948.
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

ImageImageImageImage
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Ania

Ps: Barbara wonderful pictures, I love
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

Ania YouTube

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Thank you for the photos of Doris from the Old Days!!! Where do you find those??? Always wonderful!

Lauren

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Alan~
No, I don't have pictures of myself from the 1987 Doris Day Convention in Carmel. Sorry.

Lauren