2015 Doris Day Pictures

Pics and images posted by Forum members
paul
Special Contributer

Re: 2015 Doris Day Pictures

Unread post by paul »

Lauren you are correct. The wall and gate went up very shortly after the Manson situation as well as the increase in intrusion due to Miss Day being on television regularly and the public feeling they had a right to connect in ways they didn't with a movie star. But yes, security was increased throughout Beverly Hills after details and facts emerged with respect to Manson and his "family".

ray
I danced with Doris!
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by ray »

All in all Camel seems like it was a good move for Doris. She has many happy memories and Terry said in a documentary that police couldn't assure protection with her bike riding and the neighbors complaining of the dogs barking in LA. In Carmel she had all the room and acreage for them to romp and play. Sounds like she turned overlook into a little heaven for her. A heaven she deserves so much. As far as work offers I don't think she would have done any of them even if they were filmed in her living room. Paul you know first hand the beauty of her Carmel home and peace.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Love the banner and Doris' expression.

Ania - The photo of yours is so refreshing and fun to look at. Thank you, as usual, for your input.

Lauren

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Ray~
You would think that moving to Carmel was the best thing that Doris ever did for herself. However, I think those thoughts were no longer true when Terry died. Doris said on the Sinatra radio show to Nancy that moving to Carmel was the WORST decision that she had made in her life!! It's there on tape for all to hear.

My thoughts on that are that when she needed her old friends there were there and visa versa. In addition, when she wanted to make one last film that she thought might bring her notoriety in drama it wasn't to be because they would not film in Carmel.

Had Terry lived on and was there for her to this very day I don't think Doris would have had those thoughts, but who could blame her after having lost her son.

Lauren

Musiclover
Special Contributer

Unread post by Musiclover »

Love the photo above, Ania. Thanks!

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

My take on that comment Lauren - re Doris saying she wished she had not moved to Carmel- is that is was just a fleeting thought - I think when all is said and done, Doris is glad she made the move and Ray is probably right, she would likely not have done any more films or TV even from Hollywood!

The grass is always greener, and the LA Doris knew is long gone - also, due to her wonderful age- there would be few friends left in LA anyway now.

The Carmel move and what she was [and is] able to do for the animals, [I'd say] made the move there a big positive for Doris.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

I think this took place in 1974 at one of the animal foundation gatherings for make money for them. The lady on the right was one of Doris' best friends, Rachie Rael, who Doris met through the animal foundation and who helped Doris a great deal with the animals.

paul
Special Contributer

Unread post by paul »

Lauren - That poster is hanging in my bedroom signed by Doris that day after I hit the highest bid. It's beautifully framed and you'd never know the poster was 67 years old. They knew how to make 'em in those days!!!

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Paul~
I have a film from that day and I saw you there! You are at the beginning of the film. Good for you that you won that poster!! The photo of the side of her head was at a different festival, obviously. I think it was a couple of years later. I'm not sure of date and people want to know dates. I'll put more photos up taken on that date and perhaps you might remember what was going on.

Thanks a lot,
Lauren

paul
Special Contributer

Unread post by paul »

Lauren, I believe the second photo was taken at the July, 1985 Press Conference in Carmel, announcing her "Best Friends" series. That appears to be the outfit she wore that day from what I recall.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

No, it was not at a press conference. It was at a big shin-dig where she played a lawn hockey with the woman who was Carol Burnett's daughter on her show.

Lauren

paul
Special Contributer

Unread post by paul »

Lauren - 1993??? The event Loni Anderson and Vicki Lawrence attended which was partially broadcast on Vicki's show?

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Unread post by Tybear2015 »

Lauren thank you for these pictures. I love the one of Doris holding the Romance on the High Seas poster. I love that movie and Doris looks beautiful.

And, Paul you are very lucky to own that poster. Good for you and i trust that you have that poster hanging in a place of prominence. Thank you all for sharing your info on Doris.

Tybear

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Paul~
Yes, yes! It might be the 1993, but there was another one also. I'll try to dig out the photos from both. But I think this hairdo is from the event with the lawn hockey and Vickie Lawrence. Then, all of a sudden, Doris stopped everything. I think it was because of Terry and his issues and problems with a marriage that was going south and other things. I think Doris was devastated and he wasn't well enough to help her arrange any more events.

So, that's all she wrote.

Lauren

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Lauren- yes, the photo above [side view] is from the DD Animal foundation event [that benefited the foundation and other charities- and was filmed by Vicki Lawrence in 1993 for her tv show.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

dd_joeniagra_b.jpg
This photo was take some time in the 1990s when Philadelphia DJ, Joe Niagara, and his wife, came to visit Doris. Joe had been a fan of Doris' going back to the 1940s. Joe and wife came to Carmel for the Convention in 1987. The other folks in the photo are DJs also with their wives. Doris looks like she was having a good time.

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Youre right Lauren, Doris looks very happy in the above photo. No one else has a smile like Doris. Absolutely beautiful!

Tybear

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Joe Niagara sitting on the right of Doris at the Convention in Carmel, 1987. To the left is Mike Doyle, the president of the Doris Day fan club.

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Enjoy,
Lauren

Tybear2015
Honorary Member

Lauren,

This photo is the real Doris. It shows her personality and that award winning smile is so awesome.
You rarely ever see a picture of Doris that she isnt smiling. You could really tell she loved everything she did and always seemed to live life to the fullest. Hard to believe still going strong at 91.

Thanks Lauren,

Tybear

paul
Special Contributer

Unread post by paul »

Lauren - Really enjoying the pictures....great variety from across the years with the one constant being the lady herself - ever radiating positive energy.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Here here Paul.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Lauren great pictures, thank you

Doris with Glen Mickens