Pillow Talk

You are invited to rate and comment on the 39 films of Doris Day.

How do you rate "Pillow Talk"?

Poor
No votes
Average
No votes
Good
3%
Excellent
97%

Total votes: 87

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Re: Pillow Talk

Unread post by pillowtalk » 22 May 2009, 20:48

Thank you Megan and Howard and Dominique! :D That makes sense. She probably wasn't thinking about how to get home. How convenient that Tony Randall storms in at that very moment....LOL!
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie » 22 May 2009, 21:18

I agree also, well thought out Megan. Jan was so mad she was leaving even if she had to walk lol. :shock:
suzie

daybyday08
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by daybyday08 » 22 May 2009, 22:39

I bet she would have run out and then realized she didn't have a car . Then gone back outside and told Rock to take her home or something like that.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree » 22 May 2009, 23:41

I never thought of that either!
Sure, she was angry, but she still had to go someplace! Maybe she went to the nearest Grayhound bus station to take a bus home. I guess we can use our imagination for that one! I'm glad you thought of this. Kind of cool for us to come up with an idea where she went after storming out!

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 23 May 2009, 14:04

I think so too Dominique. Or she would have just stolen his car keys and left him there :lol:
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree » 23 May 2009, 19:58

Now that's a good one Megan, stealing his car keys and leave him there! You know, they really should have had something like that in the script. They goofed on that one.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster » 24 May 2009, 08:09

But then you wouldn't have had the very funny sequence that followed with Tony Randall driving her back to New York, would you? I think Doris' character was just 'out of there' when she realised she was being deceived. Plus she took the car in "Lover Come Back".

"Pillow Talk" sets:
http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/02/23/th ... ck-hudson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More pics:
http://www.cinema.de/kino/filmarchiv/fi ... der&page=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie » 24 May 2009, 08:57

puck wrote:These are pictures of a crawl before the cinema where the movie "Pillow Talk" ( Premiere) was playing, the crawl were restaine with a group of policeman, I do like that very much. You can see that Miss Day where very, very popular at that time.
I was forgot how it was at the cinema, then, here in Holland it was always busy and the cinema were always fulled, but not like that, what the pictures shows in New York.

One picture show Miss Day arrived in New York, promoting her movie "Pillow Talk".
ImageImageImageImage
Thanks for the photos of the crowds waiting to see "Pillow Talk ". As I have stated on here before, my friends owned a factory and they were all such huge fans of Doris that,when they found out that one of her movies was playing down at the local theater Jerry would close the factory and treat everyone to the movie... Isnt that nice ?
suzie

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk » 24 May 2009, 19:01

BabeWilliams wrote:I think so too Dominique. Or she would have just stolen his car keys and left him there :lol:
LOL!!! :lol:
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

chele_belle
Forum Friend

Unread post by chele_belle » 09 Jul 2009, 18:24

I wasn't sure where to put this - here or the picture thread - so I've gone with here...

I screencapped Pillow Talk for a project and have uploaded them to Photobucket - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/ ... creencaps/ Hopefully you'll be able to view them!

There are over 450 pics, so I'll not post them all here, but here are a couple of examples...

Just click on the above link and you should be able to see them whole album. Unfortunately, Photobucket decided to chop them all around during upload, so they're not in sequence, but hopefully you'll enjoy them anyway.
Michele

"I believe in living each day as it comes, to the best of my ability. When it's done, I put it away, remembering that there will be a tomorrow to take it's place."
Ginger Rogers

miss maxwell
Honorary Member

Unread post by miss maxwell » 10 Jul 2009, 18:43

Fantastic, chele belle, thank you!

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 » 11 Jul 2009, 00:11

Beautiful pictures! I am using one as my background on my computer.
- Dominique

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 11 Jul 2009, 11:47

Beautiful Michele!! Either place would be appropriate to post them.
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 » 16 Jul 2009, 21:43

Could anybody please tell me how the special features where on the 50s anniversary DVD of Pillow Talk?
I am still not sure if I want to buy a third copy or not.

I just learned yesterday that Nancy Sinatra is a big fan of Pillow Talk. It's nice to know so many different people love it. :wink:
- Dominique

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 » 17 Jul 2009, 02:35

Here it is actually : I love Lover Come Back, The Thrill of it All and the best (in my opinion,) Move Over Darling the remake of My Favorite Wife. Pillow Talk has always been one of my all time favorites. Actually I guess anything with Doris Day! Her first two movies, Romance on the High Seas and My Dream is Yours are always nearby because they make me feel so happy.

chele_belle
Forum Friend

Unread post by chele_belle » 17 Jul 2009, 14:52

daybyday08 wrote:Could anybody please tell me how the special features where on the 50s anniversary DVD of Pillow Talk?
I am still not sure if I want to buy a third copy or not.
I have it and I'd recommend it for the picture quality alone. They re-transfered the film for this dvd release and the picture is a lot sharper and cleaner. There's more brightness and they've increased the frame area, so you see more of the original film compared to the previous dvd releases.

As for the extras, they're okay, but not as good as I was hoping for. The commentary inparticular was a little disappointing. It was lovely to hear them discussing Doris and Rock and I learnt a few little things I didn't know before, BUT, it got a bit too academical and PC for me at times. Sometimes a pillow is just a pillow! :wink:

There are two other documentaries, both bits of enjoyable fluff, and the trailer rounds out the extras. If PT is one of you favourite Doris films, I'd say go ahead and buy it. Like I said, the improved picture quality is well worth the investment. :)
Michele

"I believe in living each day as it comes, to the best of my ability. When it's done, I put it away, remembering that there will be a tomorrow to take it's place."
Ginger Rogers

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 » 17 Jul 2009, 17:37

Thanks! I will definitely keep that in mind. :D
- Dominique

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk » 19 Jul 2009, 02:24

daybyday08 wrote:Here it is actually : I love Lover Come Back, The Thrill of it All and the best (in my opinion,) Move Over Darling the remake of My Favorite Wife. Pillow Talk has always been one of my all time favorites. Actually I guess anything with Doris Day! Her first two movies, Romance on the High Seas and My Dream is Yours are always nearby because they make me feel so happy.

~Nicki~

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin » 19 Jul 2009, 18:04

Hello everybody it is me Doris Martin....I felt a bit blue....so I put Pillow Talk....and a glass of wine....wonderful evening...why they did not gave a couple of Oscars I will never understand...just watching her facial expressions , bit by bit makes one realise what a wonderful actress she is...Hooray for Doris good night.Doris Martin

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 20 Jul 2009, 14:46

DM- Pillow Talk does have that affect doesn't it? A truly uplifting and wonderful film and [always] my number 1 D Day film.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin » 20 Jul 2009, 17:16

Jas1 wrote:DM- Pillow Talk does have that affect doesn't it? A truly uplifting and wonderful film and [always] my number 1 D Day film.
YES YES YES....DM

chele_belle
Forum Friend

Unread post by chele_belle » 20 Jul 2009, 17:26

Doris Martin wrote:....so I put Pillow Talk....and a glass of wine....wonderful evening..
One of my favourite ways to spend an evening - a glass of rose and Pillow Talk! :)

Part of the appeal of PT and LCB for me is the fashion Doris wears. She wears some beautiful outfits, one or two of which I could imagine myself wearing to work today.
Michele

Ginger Rogers

classicstarlet

Unread post by classicstarlet » 04 Oct 2009, 00:11

Sorry for bringing up an old topic --

I just wanted to say Pillow Talk is one of my all time fave films! its so fun, and just makes you smile, we watched it in film class, and it was nice to see the appreciation with other students who are still teenagers in there, i was glad!

chele_belle
Forum Friend

Unread post by chele_belle » 06 Oct 2009, 14:23

Apparently Pillow Talk was released 50 years ago today... http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2009/1 ... llow-talk/
Michele

Ginger Rogers

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster » 06 Oct 2009, 20:58

Welcome to the forum, classicstarlet (first posts are always 'approved' to prevent spam so sorry about the delay).

Re 'Sorry for bringing up an old topic' - The Films of Doris Day section is on-going so don't worry - we all love the film here, it's one of her best.

I think the Pillow Talk premier photo below was of women getting excited about the chance of seeing Rock Hudson - if I remember the caption correctly!

Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering