Send Me No Flowers

You are invited to rate and comment on the 39 films of Doris Day.

How do you rate "Send Me No Flowers"?

Poor
1%
Average
6%
Good
47%
Excellent
46%

Total votes: 70

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Sad to read of his death. I too love that scene and wish there was more, they looked soo good together, Doris was indeed the dream older [slightly] woman for young guys. I know a real 'man's man [macho] who is only around 42 now but has been saying for years to his incredibly sexy and beautiful [and dark haired by the way] wife, that his ideal woman is Doris Day!

Sheila

Send Me no Flowers

Unread post by Sheila »

Toni,
Great pictures! thanks for posting those :wink:

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

A couple of fun Doris and Rock pictures.

We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

here are my contribution of photos of Doris in "Send me no Flowers".

ImageImage
The first one I love the most.
Puck

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Wonderful photos -- thanks Puck ! I love the tinted one with rose in mouth... but I love that scene ! :lol:
We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Japanese poster

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

No thanks Toni, love to do so, just like you.
Thank you for the photos, they looks great, the both together.
I do love the movie.

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Estudio - Portuguese mag Oct 1966

candid on set

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

"Ever since the day that you went away
You've been sending flowers to me
Send me no flowers today
Instead of sending flowers, come back to me
And hold me in your arms again
There is nothing flowers can say
That your love can't prove with a kiss
Send me no flowers today
Instead of sending flowers, come back to me
And love me just as I love you
After a break up
To kiss and make up is divine, my darling
It doesn't matter, just who was right or who was wrong
As long as you're still mine"

Can you tell I LOVE the song?!? and the movie... I gave it and Excellent
I love the scene when she pretties herself up, after she finds out George, {Rock}, isn't dying...

*SLAP*
Oh, my darling were you having a nightmare??? lol
I love the dude who worked at the funeral place too... funny funny,

3 more words to say...

LOVE THIS MOVIE

well maybe shout!

Jas1
Honorary Member

Send me....!

Unread post by Jas1 »

I like this film, it has Doris & Rock [and Tony] after all. However, it is my least favourite of the 3 they did.

However, I have to say the scene when Doris & Rock are lying in bed talking about how they met at the chinese restaurant '...I guess it was a pick up' --- etc - I adore this scene and it is perhaps my favourite of any scene they ever did together. It is so real, so natural, so beautiful, look again and tell me what you all think, I adore this scene.

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

I just watched this scene again, it is great... they did it sooo naturally. You really think they are married and George really thinks he's dying. Doris can bring so much joy and life into a movie
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Last night, my bestie Katy, stayed the night...
And I said, you do understand that if you stay the night,
you will be forced to watch a Doris Day movie..
and she said... *sigh* okay
So she picked Send Me No Flowers
I said odd choice, since most of my victums choose
Pillow Talk or Move Over Darling
Anyway... she LOVED it... We're going to watch another
one today!!!!

She said, her 2 favorite actor/actresses of that
time period are now, Frank Sinatra and Doris Day!!!!
I was like YES!!! Now we have another fan on board...
maybe not as crazy as us... but still a fan is a fan

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Did watch for the several time "Send me no flowers", I did notice now that the scene at the breakfast table with Rock Hudson reading a paper, that Miss Day her hair style isn't the same, first it had volume and is too neatly and at the end of the scene it is flat and without volume, the photo of the last one I did post a whlie ago. But I do still love this movie, even I saw it for the several times, it does't bore me at all.
Image Image

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Yes Puck I have noticed that too, certainly around this time [Move over Darling] and SMNF - Doris' hair/ wigs whatever, took on a life of their own!

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

Re: Send Me No Flowers

Unread post by Haymarketaddict »

My favorite movie of Doris/Rock - I simply love it ... its hillarious. I always die laughing ... especially with Tony Randall and his "speech" - :D :D

sunnygail
Forum Friend

Unread post by sunnygail »

This was such a cute movie, but it did have a few parts that were kind of strange and drawn out.The part where rock lies to doris and then recants it later,all of that gets a little nerve racking .I loved the part where doris gets eggs and milk and leafs all over her fluffy slippers, that scene alone is worth the ticket.What a GREAT comedian doris is, that scene never fails to crack me up. :wink:

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Re:

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

Jas1 wrote:Sad to read of his death. I too love that scene and wish there was more, they looked soo good together, Doris was indeed the dream older [slightly] woman for young guys. I know a real 'man's man [macho] who is only around 42 now but has been saying for years to his incredibly sexy and beautiful [and dark haired by the way] wife, that his ideal woman is Doris Day!

Yes, she was the dream woman. My parents have always said that all the guys wanted to marry someone like Doris Day, and the gals all wanted to be like her. I mean she's perfect!

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

I think I liked this movie more when I was younger. Probably because of the slapstick, but I still think its pretty good. I love the part towards the end where Judy says, "Oh what!? Oooh and you're nagging me about the price of Virginia ham!" That cracks me up every time. This just seemed a little less flashy than her previous films. Her wardrobe is not the greatest and some of those hairstyles :? But its cute.

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

This movie is so great. Tony plays his part to perfection in all three of their movies. Tony deserves the best supporting actor in a role, for all three of these movies. Im going to put one on tonite as our weather here is stormy and LOTS of rain, good day to stay home and enjoy one of dodos movies. :D
suzie

sunnygail
Forum Friend

Unread post by sunnygail »

This movie cracked me up.My favorite part was where doris had all the eggs and leafs and stuff all over her slippers.What a great comediene she is.Having to crawl through the window to get in, so funny. :lol:

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

sunnygail wrote:This movie cracked me up.My favorite part was where doris had all the eggs and leafs and stuff all over her slippers.What a great comediene she is.Having to crawl through the window to get in, so funny. :lol:
That's a great scene too!

Its2Good2BeTrue

Unread post by Its2Good2BeTrue »

I remember when I first saw this movie I didn't like it as much as all the other Day-Hudson movies maybe because they were already married. Just to watch these two drive each other crazy was more fun.

BTW, does anyone else like the instrumental music they play when George and Judy are in the car and George tells Judy he's dying?
However, I have to say the scene when Doris & Rock are lying in bed talking about how they met at the chinese restaurant '...I guess it was a pick up' --- etc - I adore this scene and it is perhaps my favourite of any scene they ever did together. It is so real, so natural, so beautiful, look again and tell me what you all think, I adore this scene.
Jas1, I love that scene. They seem so comfortable with each other.

Thanks for the lovely pictures everyone.

Heathcliff

Unread post by Heathcliff »

I assumed that this film was a big hit as Day was still the number one box office attraction that year.

I watched a few minutes this morning at the gym; it was on AMC.

The regressive politics stand out out when Judy says that she doesn't know or care what the price of something is.

Still, I find Day's first few moments very funny. she was very good at slapstick.

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

This is my favorite of the Doris Day/Rock Hudson pairings.. I haven't watched it in awhile though. I haven't had much time for anything since we got back from vacation. But I did watch Julie today... Maybe I'll watch Send Me No Flowers tomorrow.. Doris is sooo beautiful in this movie. I love watching her and Rock Hudson make out... You could really tell they genuinely cared for each other..
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

Vicki M

Unread post by Vicki M »

I happened upon this movie on AMC yesterday. I haven't watched a DD movie in quite some time. What struck me was how funny this movie was based on characterizations. Rock Hudson seemed to be much more relaxed in this movie than any other I have ever seen him in. They still had that sparkle, yet seemed to stay in character. Today's comedy movies make the comedy so obvious that they aren't funny at all. I thought SMNF was simply funny based on the writing and superb acting.