The Glass Bottom Boat

You are invited to rate and comment on the 39 films of Doris Day.

How do you rate "The Glass Bottom Boat"?

Poor
No votes
Average
3%
Good
28%
Excellent
69%

Total votes: 75

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Re: The Glass Bottom Boat

Unread post by Jake Iverson » 21 Jul 2008, 09:59

Great movie. She has a more natural outdoorsie look and this is the first time I can recall being able to see her freckles in a 1960's film. Loved Mable and Norman. Alice Pearce was wonderful. This movie worked well on so many levels.

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree » 04 Feb 2009, 16:30

I saw this movie last night and LOVED IT!!! So nice to see something and laugh out loud, and be surprised by something that happened in a scene. :lol: :shock:
I love the natural look Doris had in this film, and love the clothes! I'll buy this movie for sure.
I'm sure most people hear have seen this movie, but if not, please do see it. Very, very funny!!! :lol:
This is real slapstick comedy!

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 24 Feb 2009, 15:45

Robert Vaughan has his autobiography out at the moment and I went to 'D' in the index; as I always do! He makes very fleeting refernce to his non speaking part in Glass Bottom Boat but does say that Miss Day was the sexiest star he ever worked with - [how true, I loved reading that]!

ray
I danced with Doris!
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by ray » 24 Feb 2009, 20:04

Doris was at her peak of beauty in Glass Bottom Boat. Robert Vaughan was correct! :D Who would have imagned by two years, 1968 ,her movie career would be over. It seems like it never has really ended. Doris looked natural and sexy in her last film too, With Six You Get Eggroll!

sunnygail
Forum Friend

Unread post by sunnygail » 25 Feb 2009, 09:44

I agree with you a hundred percent Ray, Doris was very lovely in this picture. TGBB was a high tech movie for its day and I loved it. Who would have ever thought that she would almost have been done with her movie life at that point ? I loved her on her television show, im so glad that we were able to have our darling Doris come into our homes every week. If they gave Doris a nickel for every time she made one of us smile, she would be the richest person in the world . :D BILL

Beverly Boyer

Unread post by Beverly Boyer » 03 Apr 2009, 19:42

I was watching this movie yesterday and noticed that the picture by her bedside is of Marty. I assume he is supposed to represent her late husband. Sort of a strange bit of foreshadowing if you ask me.

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 » 03 Apr 2009, 19:44

Wow, I've never noticed that. I will have to look for that the next time I watch it. Thanks for sharing!
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster » 10 Jun 2009, 06:48

Apparently on this day (June 9th) in 1966, The Glass Bottom Boat was released:

http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2009/0 ... ttom-boat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More pics: http://freenet-homepage.de/kettensaegen ... y_cls2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 10 Jun 2009, 10:08

I wish I could have been there to see it.
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster » 10 Jun 2009, 10:24

That would make you about 50-something, though, Megan - not much time to get your name up in lights - unless you'd done it already of course, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere. :wink:

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 10 Jun 2009, 14:52

*sigh* I suppose you're right. You can't have it all, I guess I'll just take what I get.
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster » 10 Jun 2009, 15:52

Don't forget us little people when you are a big star. :wink:

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 10 Jun 2009, 15:58

Of course not! I'll just have to use my money to build a time machine so we can all go back to see it!!
Megan
-----------------

melancholy
Honorary Member

Re: All Aboard!

Unread post by melancholy » 10 Nov 2009, 18:16

Jas1 wrote:I adore this movie. It is very funny and Doris never looked better. Never since "Teacher's Pet" has her wardrobe been designed so lushishly (is there such a word?) around her figure. I love the scene where she looses her shoe in the "clean" room - that girl was groovin her way through the 1960's - she looks about 30 through most of the film - filters or not, she looks amazing.
Finally I got a chance to see this movie as it was on TCM today.Not only does our beloved star looks stunning throughout,but she comes on so strong and funny.The "Que sera" bit I found so touching.The natural look and great figure and great acting surely is hitmovie.Truly enjoyed it.
Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

melancholy
Honorary Member

Re: All Aboard!

Unread post by melancholy » 18 Nov 2009, 18:21

Just forgot to mention that you can see a mini-speech at the TCM-site,by Doris,on the Glaas Bottom Boat-page.And for the record,Rod Taylor has a web-site and now is 79!!
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

littlegoldfish666
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlegoldfish666 » 14 Jan 2010, 16:40

hehe, this movie was a hoot :lol: Man was she a cluts :roll:

Oh yeah and when she was trying to get away from the bad guy, BIG GAPING HOLE IN THE DOOR...So what does she do? She closes the door Image :P

And when Rod Taylor (can't remember his characters name :oops: Now you know why I'm called little goldfish :P ) anywho, where was I......Oh yeah, when he started seeing things and we see Doris all dressed up in different costumes :lol:

Jan Morrow

Unread post by Jan Morrow » 11 Feb 2010, 19:13

I just LOVE this movie! The scene with Mr Pritter is SO hilarious! I love Vladimir!!! and the guy that follows her all the time thinking she's a spy! and I love it when they sing the song + "when I was just a little girl, I asked my father what will I be; will I be reckless, will I be shy,..." - LOVE THAT!!!
I love the neighbors and when she goes in through their window! Can't stop laughing!
Anyways, I could go on and on about this one...

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree » 14 Feb 2010, 03:48

This sure is my very favorite Doris Day comedy! :D I bought it on DVD so I can watch it anytime whenever I need some cheering up!

Dinosgurl

Unread post by Dinosgurl » 25 May 2010, 17:32

Glass Bottom Boat is my all time favorite move with Doris Day I love all her movies but to me this was by far the funniest movie I ever saw. I went to the drive in with my father at least 8 times to see this it was the first movie I owned I just got the music from it on my ipod. It holds great memories for me and my sisters.

DayDreamer
Forum Friend

Unread post by DayDreamer » 16 Dec 2010, 19:47

Just watched this movie, very funny! And Paul Lynde, who played the security guy, is just hilarious (I've seen him before in "Send me no flowers"). :D

By the way, Mata Hari was born in the same town as me (Leeuwarden). :)
Would you please get off this line!

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy » 08 Jan 2011, 20:59

I came across some lovely wardrobepictures.
I do love Glass Bottom Boat.
Dorine

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree » 08 Jan 2011, 23:49

Love the pictures Dorine!
That is some dress! :D

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy » 09 Jan 2011, 07:35

The wardrobe was very nice,but then the whole movie I must say I loved.
Dorine

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 09 Jan 2011, 16:54

I loved her clothes in GBB- especially that white dress and the pink suit, stylish, with a hint of real modern chic- for the time!

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy » 10 Jan 2011, 06:01

A very stylish movie to me,and the gown especially,Doris looks radiant.
Dorine