The Glass Bottom Boat

You are invited to rate and comment on the 39 films of Doris Day.

How do you rate "The Glass Bottom Boat"?

Poor
No votes
Average
3%
Good
28%
Excellent
69%

Total votes: 75

javi
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: The Glass Bottom Boat

Unread post by javi » 08 Apr 2011, 15:57

Hola, soy Javi de Malaga (España), he encontrado este foro y me ha parecido estupendo, voy a empezar comentando esta pelicula muy divertida de Doris Day. Film divertido, frenetico, muchas carcajadas y escenas delirantes, yo lo tengo en DVD desde hace 7 años con sus tomas falsas y making off me imagino que al igual que en EEUU. Aqui en España se estreno a finales de 1967 y fue su octava pelicula consecutiva que entraba entre las 10 mas vistas. Aqui se titulo "Una Sirena Sospechosa", y ha sido emitida por la television estatal desde los 70 varias veces con buen dato de audiencia siempre por TVE, yo siempre la he recomendado, es un film que te levanta la moral. Un saludo desde España.

Google Translation Spanish to English by webmaster:

"Hi, (from) Javi de Malaga (Spain), I found this forum and I thought great, I'll start commenting on this very funny movie with Doris Day. Film fun, frantic, a lot of laughs and rave scenes, I have it on DVD for 7 years with outtakes and making off I guess like in the U.S.. Here in Spain debut in late 1967 and was his eighth consecutive film came from the top 10. Here is titled "Glass Bottom Boat"and has been issued by the state television from the 70 several times with good hearing data provided by TVE, I have always recommended is a film that will lift your spirits. A greeting from Spain.

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson » 10 Apr 2011, 01:17

melancholy wrote:Image
A very stylish movie to me,and the gown especially,Doris looks radiant.
Dorine
Her look was so natural. the hair and the clothes suited her so well. Nautical, cool and sporty. Not too styled and not too mod.

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson » 10 Apr 2011, 01:19

Jan Morrow wrote:I just LOVE this movie! The scene with Mr Pritter is SO hilarious! I love Vladimir!!! and the guy that follows her all the time thinking she's a spy! and I love it when they sing the song + "when I was just a little girl, I asked my father what will I be; will I be reckless, will I be shy,..." - LOVE THAT!!!
I love the neighbors and when she goes in through their window! Can't stop laughing!
Anyways, I could go on and on about this one...
Alice Pearce and George Tobias were great as the neighbor couple. They were the original Kravitz couple in Bewitched and made that series. God love Alice Pearce. She was hysterical!

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 10 Apr 2011, 13:24

The fashion stills are great= the last one [above] is perhaps my favourite- so under-stated and stylish!

DorisVIP

Unread post by DorisVIP » 01 Sep 2011, 05:25

I recently watched this movie for the first time courtesy of Netflix and loved it so I bought the DVD. I have many favorite scenes, but a few of my faves is when Jenny finds out they think she is a spy so she plays the General and Zach, making them think she is going to hook up with them later. :lol:
~Stephanie~

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 10 Sep 2011, 08:57

Last night my college roommate and I wanted to watch a movie. I encouraged her to check through mine and she found this one. She wasn't sure she'd like it when she found out it was older, but we put it in anyway. She laughed the entire time, and is now a Doris Day fan!!!
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

lovemeorleaveme
Forum Friend

Unread post by lovemeorleaveme » 10 Sep 2011, 09:57

BabeWilliams wrote:Last night my college roommate and I wanted to watch a movie. I encouraged her to check through mine and she found this one. She wasn't sure she'd like it when she found out it was older, but we put it in anyway. She laughed the entire time, and is now a Doris Day fan!!!
How wonderful, Babe! She will now be in love with Doris the way the rest of us are! :)

Have a lovely "Day"!

God Bless,
Rachel

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania » 10 Sep 2011, 15:27

lovemeorleaveme wrote:
BabeWilliams wrote:Last night my college roommate and I wanted to watch a movie. I encouraged her to check through mine and she found this one. She wasn't sure she'd like it when she found out it was older, but we put it in anyway. She laughed the entire time, and is now a Doris Day fan!!!
How wonderful, Babe! She will now be in love with Doris the way the rest of us are! :)

Have a lovely "Day"!

God Bless,
Rachel
It's cool to :D wonderfu!!!!!
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

kimster

Unread post by kimster » 15 Nov 2011, 19:49

This movie has always been one of my favorites. First of all, does Doris look sexy or what?
But besides that, there was so much fun slapstick comedy. She had some great character actors on that film. I have watched this one over a dozen times if not more because Doris is just so delightful.

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania » 03 Dec 2011, 16:23

I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

ellenarden
Forum Friend

Unread post by ellenarden » 12 Dec 2011, 18:25

The mermaid costume sold at the most recent Debbie Reynolds auction. $4500, I think. Well above the estimate.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael » 06 Apr 2012, 09:40

Caught this one again on TCM last night. Whew!

I can't resist this silly spy spoof or the zany cast of supporting players. It isn't among her best comedies but it works and the pace is frantic. You really can't complain when you have the likes of Paul Lynde, Dom DeLuise, Dick Martin, Edward Andrews and Alice Pearce on board. Doris again displays her rare gift for physical comedy and she is more than up to athletic demands that director Frank Tashin throws at her. Loved her sexy vamp bit at the party too. No wonder director Mike Nichols seriously considered her for Mrs. Robinson after seeing this film. Doris makes it all look effortless and sweat-free. I also liked Rod Taylor much better here than in Do Not Disturb. The key difference is the script, not his acting ability, which is solid.

This is another one that I can watch over and over again without getting tired of it.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 06 Apr 2012, 12:54

Again Michael- I agree entirely.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin » 14 Nov 2012, 18:35

webmaster wrote:What do you think of "The Glass Bottom Boat"?

Refresh your memory here:

http://www.dorisday.net/the_glass_bottom_boat.html
I have just seen it..again...and I think it is so good,,,I had a great time..thank you Bryan..you are doing a fantastic job..Doris Martin

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck » 09 Jan 2013, 16:11

Did watch it too, do love it, just like the first time I did watch the movie.

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck » 30 Jan 2013, 08:53

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 30 Jan 2013, 15:37

Fabulous work Puck.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy » 31 Jan 2013, 14:22

Thanks Puck,these are lovely!
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck » 03 Feb 2013, 03:52

Thank you, she is so beautiful, and just one wonderful and amazing women.

luckyme123
Forum Friend

Unread post by luckyme123 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:35

This is Luckyme123. I've been gone a a long while. Miss you guys! Puck, I appreciate those pictures you put on. Danica432 love all the songs and videos you post about Doris Day. I look at every one. She is the greatest movie star in my life! Hope I can stay well and keep up with the game. Love you Doris!

Luckyme123

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin » 06 Feb 2013, 03:43

Thank you Puck, Bryan and welcome backy Luckyme123!

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck » 06 Feb 2013, 11:12

Welcome and thank you Toby and Luckyme, Miss Day is just a great inspiration, she is the best ever !!!!!!

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin » 06 Feb 2013, 11:24

puck wrote:Welcome and thank you Toby and Luckyme, Miss Day is just a great inspiration, she is the best ever !!!!!!
She is ...most definetly

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny » 09 Oct 2014, 19:57

The director of Glass Bottom Boat directed Looney Tunes with Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Slyvester and Elmer Fudd. It appears this experience influnces some of the very high comedy scenes in the film, especially with Paul Lynd and Dom Del Luise. It is a merry ride.

The sense of humanity in the film is illistrated when Doris sings the haunting Soft As Starlight, (which is on her Day By Night album. Interestingly Doris also sings the touching Que Sera Sera accompanied by her father on the ukulele, (Arthur Godfrey).

If Cary Gran or Tony Curtis could have been cast in the Rod Taylor role, it would have been a much better pairing for Doris' comedic skills. Doris does an excellent job in this picture and it is enjoyable.
Johnny

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 10 Oct 2014, 07:23

I love GBB, however, I equally love Rod Taylor in the male lead, he held his own with Doris- a sexy virile male with a glint in his eye - someone Jennifer Nelson could just not resist,who can blame her?