Do Not Disturb

You are invited to rate and comment on the 39 films of Doris Day.

How do you rate "Do Not Disturb"?

Poor
7%
Average
25%
Good
35%
Excellent
33%

Total votes: 55

Jas1
Honorary Member

Re: Do Not Disturb

Unread post by Jas1 »

The funniest scene in this film for me is towards the end when Doris gets into the wrong bed and awakens that horrible man! That had me laughing out loud, very funny!

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

Unread post by Haymarketaddict »

I've just watched this one for the first time - it doesn't have much of a story - but it definitely has its moments.
that must be my favorite hairdo for her and the dresses are just marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus - I love her with Rod Taylor - wish they would have done even more movies together.
I rated it a good (minus) :mrgreen:

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

I agree with you completely. I just watched this movie last week, and the saving grace of this movie is Doris' acting. I love the hair style and makeup. She looks so young. Great chemistry with Rod Taylor.
The Doris Day Show

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

I also like Rod Taylor in this - I like most of his movies too. They just fit well together - and I also understand how he's kinda fed up with his wife sometimes *lol* - but then who wouldn't want to live in a country house like that with Doris' animals all around - funny scene when she saves the fox - although that english "habit" must really be a pain for her - its so cruel for foxes, I really wonder why they are still allowed to do that :(
Anyway entertaining movie!!

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

Love this movie. I too think her hair looks great in it and I like her clothes too. The orange dress of course. I like the blue courderoy jacket and v-neck sweater and scarf she is wearing just before she and Paul take off for Paris. This film has some very funny moments.

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

Jas1 wrote:The funniest scene in this film for me is towards the end when Doris gets into the wrong bed and awakens that horrible man! That had me laughing out loud, very funny!
that was so funny. "Better late than never!"

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

RIGHT!! Very funny ... also her being drunk in "paris" is fun to watch ... and the scene with the french kids is awfully cute :P

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus »

funny scene when she saves the fox - although that english "habit" must really be a pain for her - its so cruel for foxes, I really wonder why they are still allowed to do that
Fox hunting has recently been prohibited in the UK, but appearently that is widly ignored. Rumour has it that even the royals still go on a hunt, naturally I don't know for sure if that is correct...
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

sunnygail
Forum Friend

Unread post by sunnygail »

i loved this movie. I gotta say that I could really see doris getting after the fox hunters had it happened in real life. lol :lol: she wouldnt like them chasing the little fox for sure, and would have no problem telling them so . 8)

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

Boy is that ever true. I can see her now. It is a funny movie.
Carol

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Everytime I do watch this movie, it still makes me laughing, it everytime funny and never boring or dull.
Miss Day and Rod Taylor were a good team.

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

puck wrote:Everytime I do watch this movie, it still makes me laughing, it everytime funny and never boring or dull.
Miss Day and Rod Taylor were a good team.
aaaahh what a cute picture - hadn't seen it before - thanks. From the hairdo this could also be GLASS BOTTOM BOAT though now couldn't it ???

Theodomus
Honorary Member

I guess so - Look at the "steering wheel" ;-)
Marion

----------

Haymarketaddict
Forum Friend

Theodomus wrote:I guess so - Look at the "steering wheel" ;-)
RIGHT - it is from the glass bottom boat :wink:
then I love it even more :D :D :D

Erica_R_Stone

Unread post by Erica_R_Stone »

Well I'm going to jump in here. And let me say, after reading so many of the posts that didn't favor the movie, I feel a bit, odd-man-out.

I loved it. Thought it was a cute story. Liked Rod Taylor and Doris Day together. I found the movie amusing, and enjoyable. I guess I didn't go into the movie with any expectations other than watching the lovely Doris Day on screen. And I like it when I don't have too wait too long for her first scene.

I'm looking forward to watching this movie again. And a note on the much discussed orange dress, let me say that white coat was to-die-for. A few years back Donna Karan came out with an ankle-length white coat that I loved. So to see something similar on Doris Day was just fabulous.
"At least mine can be solved in one bedroom!"

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by webmaster »

I've been playing about with "Do Not Disturb" - here's an example, Doris showing her comedic skills:

http://www.bryanj.co.uk/do-not-disturb.html

(Lower quality as I've converted it to Flash - still can't upload to YouTube with the video breaking up.)
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

This film seems much funnier when you watch it in clip!

Here's Doris grappling with our currency:

http://www.bryanj.co.uk/doris-in-london.html
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I found that clip funny also! I didn't really like this movie but the clips that I did like, was when she is leaving the cafe with the french fellow and its dark outside and when she explains everything to her husband at the dinner party.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

I am one of the few who just love this movie. The scene where doris is being chased through the hotel rooms, never fails to just crack me up.Doris is a fantastic comedian. :D
suzie

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

Suzie, I agree! I love this movie! :D Doris is so funny is this movie. I love the drunk scenes ("Hey Paaaaaul!" :lol: LOL), the scene where she is chased through the hotel rooms, and the scene where the olive goes down her dress. That orange dress is gorgeous. Doris looks so pretty in this film; her hair and makeup are perfect. I loved her with Rod Taylor. He was great in this movie too. I found his character annoying at times, but still loved him. And Hermione Baddeley(?) was great as Vanessa. It took me until halfway through the movie to realize that she was the housekeeper in Mary Poppins LOL. Anyways, I though it was really good. Maybe I'm biased, but to me, any movie with Doris in it is better than almost any movie without her. :D
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

My grandma's just bought this and I loved it! I love the chase scene too! I thought it was one of the funniest parts of the whole movie. Second only to when Rod and Doris break the bed! :lol:
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

Theodomus
Honorary Member

And Hermione Baddeley(?) was great as Vanessa. It took me until halfway through the movie to realize that she was the housekeeper in Mary Poppins LOL
THANK YOU!! I KNEW I knew her from somewhere!!! :roll: :roll:

:lol:
Marion

----------

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

Theodomus wrote:
And Hermione Baddeley(?) was great as Vanessa. It took me until halfway through the movie to realize that she was the housekeeper in Mary Poppins LOL
THANK YOU!! I KNEW I knew her from somewhere!!! :roll: :roll:

:lol:
ROFL you're welcome! :lol:
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

I do love this movie, love the scene when she is at the cafe and at the party when she showing her dress, I do remember when I saw this movie in the cinema, that the audience called load "Wow" on that moment when she turned her back to the screen, and the scene when she was agry on her husband and throw a dish empty over his head. Do also love the chassing scene at the hotel, she is a great comedian.

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

Those are very good moments. I don't like the chase scene but another scene I like is when she gets in the little fight with Rod and than they make up right before he gets the bowl over is head.
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique