My Dream is Yours

You are invited to rate and comment on the 39 films of Doris Day.

How do you rate "My Dream is Yours"?

Poor
No votes
Average
6%
Good
49%
Excellent
45%

Total votes: 47

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

My Dream is Yours

Unread post by webmaster » 13 Feb 2006, 21:30

My Dream is Yours - my dream is yours alone, it's all I own, my dream is yours...

What do you think of "My Dream is Yours"?
What a difference a Day makes...

Ken
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ken » 13 Feb 2006, 23:45

This is another favorite that I rate as excellent. Great cast with great tunes.It's hard to believe this was Doris' second movie as she acted so natural in front of the camera.

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen » 14 Feb 2006, 01:23

I also loved My Dream is yours. Doris' acting is so natural. I rated it excellent.
The Doris Day Show

Jas1
Honorary Member

My Dream

Unread post by Jas1 » 14 Feb 2006, 11:37

I have only seen this once and rated it 'average' - again, perhaps I need to see it again to refresh my memory. I was definately more impressed on first viewing with It's Magic (R O T H S) & It's a Great Feeling. Love the title song.

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac » 12 Jun 2007, 18:18

We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

Natalier

Unread post by Natalier » 13 Jun 2007, 14:34

I thought this movie was very good. I liked the singing and the characters in the movie was good. She looked so beautfial in that movie as well
Its a great feeling

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac » 29 Jul 2007, 15:35

We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

Karl King

My Dream Is Yours Title Song

Unread post by Karl King » 02 Aug 2007, 20:56

Harry Warren wrote the melody, if not the lyrics too, to the title song "My Dream Is Yours." It is essentially the same melody in the MUTEL production music library. It's the very first track on the first record in that library. And that song was the theme song for the old time radio series, "Your's Truly, Johnny Dollar." That same theme was used for the Dick Tracy detective movie series that ran in the days when movie houses had continuing series, like Superman.

Has anybody else discovered this coincidence? It could be what's known as "synchronicity." It's sort of like ESP. In this case it might very well be that Harry Warren the anonymous composer of the YTJD theme were the same person! No-one yet has the identity of all the composers who wrote for MUTEL. And actually, the song and the production library came out about the same time! :D

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 24 Feb 2008, 21:04

I rated this one excellent

Doris Day acted so well with the little boy, you almost believed that WAS her little boy

I love her son's dream scene when Doris is dressed up like a rabbit... I was rolling on the ground laughing..

This might be only her 2nd picture, but she acted like an ol' pro, and did a GREAT job!!!
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck » 29 Feb 2008, 07:30

I do love this movie, the actors did well play and Doris. well she is natural talent, and her singing so perfect, and yes she did put a great act for her second movie, so natural, and even her third movie "It's A Great Feeling"
it seems like she act for a long time. I think that is Micheal Curtiz and David Butler involved, they give her that confidence that she can do everthing, and she did it. I have respect and admirer her for doing so, to take that great step, and she did it well, very well.

puck
Honorary Member

Re: My Dream is Yours

Unread post by puck » 13 Jun 2008, 03:24

I love this photo, she looks marvellous, just like her acting and songs in the movie, love the movie.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin » 16 Jun 2008, 16:36

yes, yes excelent....Marti

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 » 17 Dec 2008, 22:55

I just saw this movie today, and I though it was one of her best! This is now my third favorite film of hers.
I loved the acting & the story, it was great! I really liked the twist at the end where you think she is going to marry the mean guy but then she dosen't. That surprised me :lol: .
I thought it was so sad when she is leaving at first without her son, I almost forgot it was a movie.
I usually don't like Jack Carson but he wasn't bad in this at all. The songs were amazing also!
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv » 17 Dec 2008, 23:18

After ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS made DoDo my favorite actress, this movie cinched the deal. I loved a lot of the scenes in the film: when she sang along with "Cuttin Capers" on the jukebox, when she sang to her little boy in that dreamy voice: "I'll String Along With You", and of course, when she sang "MY DREAM IS YOURS" as Martha Carson. DORIS IS JUST VERY SPECIAL IN ANYTHING, AND THIS WAS ONE OF T HE BEST.

littlegoldfish666
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlegoldfish666 » 27 Jan 2010, 16:59

Watched this last night. Good movie, enjoyable. Hard to believe this was only her second movie. She is so natural at it :D She looks so young too, If I didn't know any better I'd swear she was 18-19 years old :oops:

That guy that was in it, I think he was the owner of the radio station? He is a hoot :lol: He's been in a few of Doris's movies eh :wink: I noticed a few others too. Oh and the woman that was in it, her that was helping to try get Doris's character noticed. I knew her face but could I remember where from? NOOOOOO.....So I looked up IMDB. She was the Principal in Grease. I should have known that, I've only watched it like a gazillion times :P

When that scene came on with Doris and JAck Carson dressed up as bunnies I almost fell off my chair :lol:

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 27 Jan 2010, 17:14

Eve Arden was the lady you refer to. Yes, she was in Grease and Grease 2 and of course, was in Tea for Two [too] with Doris and in many classic films over the years [such as 'Mildred Pierce'] - mostly always playing 2nd female lead. I adore Eve Arden.

littlegoldfish666
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlegoldfish666 » 27 Jan 2010, 17:45

Ah thank you. I didn't know her name :oops: I loved her in this movie and Tea for two. She's brilliant :D I love her sarcasm in the movies :lol: I try to forget about Grease 2 :wink:

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 28 Jan 2010, 06:31

Yes, I think we all try to forget about Grease2!

unadka
Forum Friend

Unread post by unadka » 04 Mar 2010, 22:17

I love this movie. Doris is perfect in acting and singing, Arden and Carson too, but nobody mentioned a little boy, who is a real good actor.
Nada

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck » 25 May 2010, 08:25

Find this picture of Eve Arden, Miss Day's co-player.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy » 23 Oct 2010, 14:51

Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin » 23 Oct 2010, 14:57

mikeydv wrote:After ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS made DoDo my favorite actress, this movie cinched the deal. I loved a lot of the scenes in the film: when she sang along with "Cuttin Capers" on the jukebox, when she sang to her little boy in that dreamy voice: "I'll String Along With You", and of course, when she sang "MY DREAM IS YOURS" as Martha Carson. DORIS IS JUST VERY SPECIAL IN ANYTHING, AND THIS WAS ONE OF T HE BEST.
MY THOUGHT ALSO

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard » 23 Oct 2010, 17:01

Melancholy: Doris' film career took off like a shot after her film debut in "Romance on the High Seas." She was an immediate world-wide hit!
Like Irene Dunne done.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy » 23 Oct 2010, 20:28

Dorine
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster » 24 Oct 2010, 07:06

Although "Calamity Jane" is the picture credited with making Doris "a superstar", "Lullaby of Broadway" must be given credit for making her a household name. During this period, she was constantly on the Hit Parade with big hits like "A Guy is a Guy" "When I Fall in Love" and "Shanghai". When she wasn't in front of the movie cameras, she was in the recording studios or posing for pictures for fan magazines. Doris also married Marty Melcher during this period and he became her manager."
Ralph McKnight, New York, August 2000
http://www.dorisday.net/lullaby_of_broadway.html
What a difference a Day makes...