It's a Great Feeling

You are invited to rate and comment on the 39 films of Doris Day.

How do you rate "It's a Great Feeling"?

Poor
6%
Average
28%
Good
50%
Excellent
17%

Total votes: 36

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

It's a Great Feeling

Unread post by webmaster »

What do you think of "It's a Great Feeling"?

http://www.dorisday.net/its-a-great-feeling/
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Ken
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ken »

Another good entertaining movie. I enjoyed Doris doing the Cafe Rendezvous number and Blame My Absent Minded Heart on the train.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Truly Great

Unread post by Jas1 »

I adore this film. Hard to believe it was only Doris' 3rd outing on screen - she is so polished and looks and sounds lovely. All those stars too.

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Only the songs I love from this one...

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Hi,

This film is one of my least favorite. The eye thing is terrible. I love the songs, and Jack Carson. But I think that's all.

Peter

Debbi Austen
Honorary Member

Unread post by Debbi Austen »

The first time I watced it, I thought it was silly. The second time I watched it I really enjoyed it. I am glad Doris got a chance to sing with Dennis Morgan. I think it's an importnt film in the Doris Day "time line".

With all the star cameoes, it reminded me of a film that made for service men.
The Doris Day Show

It's Magic

Unread post by It's Magic »

When I watched it,it was nothing but fun for me. I laughed so hard at Doris' reaction to her dream and then when she said,"Uh,we hit a bump."
She was cute singing "Big Fat Lie",but that "Blame My Absent Minded Heart" should have been given some award. The way she sang it was so beautiful,just those rounds tones,that soft voice,magic wrapped around each note....just simply beautiful. I rated this movie good.

dayniac
Honorary Member

Unread post by dayniac »

Probably not the best movie - but I always enjoy it. I agree - the eye and lip thing were irritating --but --- she was darned cute in this one. And - the songs were enjoyable. Cute ending. The cameo's were fun, too.

She was so great with Jack Carson and Dennis Morgan.

We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand --- Randy Pausch

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams »

I really enjoyed this movie... She will never cease to amaze me as long as I live... God, the big guy upstairs must have really known what he was doing when he made Doris Day
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

webmaster

Great Feeling

One of a few Doris Day films I haven't seen. Sounds fun.

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

It's good... I liked it!!!

By the end of the movie, I wanted Doris to actually go with the director to become famous... but she decided to become Mrs. Jeffrey Bushfinkle!!! lol

This was a great movie... they play it on TCM and AMC sometimes... if you get those channels Bryan... But you should really look into buying it, or renting, or just finding it!!! It's really great!
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Bryan, I think you would enjoy this one very much. Some lovely songs, Doris looks great, and practically the whole WB lot was involved. You did say you loved the Joan Crawford scene, many more good ones like this and you get to see some of the directors Doris worked with too.

webmaster

It's a Great Feeling"

Miss M has just made me a present of it (so to speak) so I'm really looking forward to seeing it and will report back!

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

You'll have to tell us if you liked it or not!!!
Megan
-----------------

webmaster

Great Feeling

I'm sure I will - although I noted that Peter didn't like it. I think it's my kind of film! :wink:

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

yepp, i mean... i always like movies with Doris in them... but this one just sorta jumped out... it was like...

OMG I LOVE this movie
Megan
-----------------

miss maxwell
Honorary Member

Unread post by miss maxwell »

I really enjoy this movie too! I remember seeing pics from it, while I was a relatively new fan, and being surprised to see a brunette Doris; of course later on I watched the movie and was 'relieved' to see the blond hair in place. :D

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

oh yes, in an earlier topic we were talking about how Doris' natural hair color is actually brown, she just dyes it blonde. And i must say, I'm very glad she does dye it!
Megan
-----------------

miss maxwell
Honorary Member

Unread post by miss maxwell »

It is? I hadn't noticed. I guess she started dying it pretty early - even she
has probably forgotten she once was a brunette. :lol: I must say I can't
picture Doris in any other hair color. Even if I dislike (dyed) light blond
hair, I love it on her. It's part of the whole lively spunky image.

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

yes, i totally agree! I like the way she looks blonde MUCH better than as burnette
Megan
-----------------

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

I think Doris' natural color as a child ran to blonde, and as she aged it darkened. Then she started coloring it, probably about the late Bob Crosby or early Les Brown years.

Here'a a childhood pic...

Here's a pic with Bob Crosby...

And here's one with Les...

That famous pic of her at 13 with her dancing partner Jerry shows her with light brown hair. Unfortunately, I don't have it in my computer right now.
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Re: It's a Great Feeling

Unread post by Theodomus »

I watched the movie for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot.

I loved the way the actors where playing and making fun of themselves and Hollywood.

I never really got into "It's nothing rougher than love" and thought that might change after seeing the movie scene with it - Well it didn't. Don't like the song nor the scene (so far).

But I did love her singing "Blame my absent-minded Heart" on the train!

Oh, and Peter, you were right with
The eye thing is terrible.
;)

Cute and funny movie, I rated it good.
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

sunnyDAY

Unread post by sunnyDAY »

I saw this on TV a while ago and didn't think it was as good as Doris' other movies. Like some have stated here that eye thing isterrible! Doris shouldn't have had to do that.

But I do enjoy the "Cafe Rendezvous" number, it's really funny. And might I say that she looks equelly good as a brunette. And the songs "That's a Big Fat Lie" ('Let's face it you're no George Washington') LOL! and "Blame My Absent minded heart" is so beautiful.
~ Have a sunny DAY!! ~

pillowtalk
Forum Friend

Unread post by pillowtalk »

I actually really like this movie! :D :D :D I've been watching this one a lot lately. I agree with you guys, the eye thing was terrible!!! But it was a very cute movie. I LOVED it when Doris sang "Blame my Absent Minded Heart" on the train, it was absolutely beautiful. I loved the "Big Fat Lie" song, and also "There's Nothing Rougher than Love," but I thought the dance sequences in "Rougher than Love" were a bit strange. Anyways, I loved Doris with Jack Carson and Dennis Morgan! And it was great how she went home to marry Jeffrey Bushdinkle and he turned out to be famous (although I can't think of his name...was it Errol Flynn or something like that? :? ) All in all, it was very good and I'd recommend it. :D
"New York, this is your last chance!"

~Nicki~

TCMMovieFan

Unread post by TCMMovieFan »

Its a very amusing and entertaining flick. It has gotten lost in the shuffle as she starred in so many other more memorable movies.
She is surrounded by a very interesting cast. I don't think the songs there became major HITS but there are many such movie musicals where the songs were pleasant enough but did not enter the public awareness.

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

I'm not exactly crazy about this one, but a few years ago, the L.A. County Museum of Arts had a showing. The audience laughed throughout ... I didn't think it was very funny, but I appreciated the appreciation for Doris!
Like Irene Dunne done.