Any new news on Best Friends seris coming to dvd?

Talking about "The Doris Day Show".
DorisDayFanatic
Forum Friend

Any new news on Best Friends seris coming to dvd?

Unread post by DorisDayFanatic » 02 Jul 2008, 18:29

Admitted i have kinda drifted away from the doris day world past year or so LOL.

Was just wondering if anybody has heard anymore on the 80s series coming to dvd.

Dianne
Forum Friend
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Any new news on Best Friends seris coming to dvd?

Unread post by Dianne » 04 Jul 2008, 14:47

No, haven't heard yet...but there is a petition set up at TCM. Go here and vote. http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=461660 Please vote.
Diane
"To err is human -- to forgive is canine" Unknown

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila » 19 Aug 2008, 02:29

I hope it gets released on DVD soon....found these to keep us going :D

Is this clip from Best Friends?

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June » 19 Aug 2008, 08:58

Yes the clip is from Best friends. Her guest was Angie Dickinson and she was iher guest that week and that was at Quail Lodge Country Club

I know this for a fact. When I went to meet Doris... that is where we had lunch (Edgar's)it is the restaurant at the lodge and I asked her if that's where she and Angie did there little skit for Best Friends. She said it was. You can sit out on the deck area and have lunch and see the golf course. It's beautiful.

All those clips are from her show.

Carol

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M » 19 Aug 2008, 12:45

It's not coming out anytime soon. Jim Pierson told me very recently that he's brought the project to the powers that be at MPI, but they have made no decision yet. So any release will be a ways off. He said to keep your fingers crossed for it someday.

Ooh, Diane, I LOVE your new avatar! 8)
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 19 Aug 2008, 15:08

I LOVE how Doris looks in the clip with Angie; younger than spring time!

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June » 19 Aug 2008, 15:33

Yes she looked absolutely beautiful in that clip. Just radiant as always.

That was a cute episode with Angie. They both forgot their wallet and had no money to pay for their meal in the skit. The waiter was not happy and called the sheriff over to their table and he realizes that it's Doris and he starts sing Secret Love.
Doris is just a natural at everything.
Carol

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 19 Aug 2008, 18:10

I like your avatar too Diane..

Well, I hope it comes out eventually because I'd really like to see it.. Or maybe Lori can stay with Carol for a bit and get DVD's made for purchase for us forum members?!?

Geez Carol.. brag brag brag brag.. And when I got to meet Doris...lol just kidding..
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June » 19 Aug 2008, 18:25

Sorry Megan,

It's hard not to brag when you have met her ....and I know you are kidding. I don't know if it's bragging just pure overjoyed that it happened and wanting to share it with all my friends on the forum.

But I waited so long and never in a million years did I think my dream would come true.

Carol GG

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus » 26 Aug 2008, 02:57

That was a cute episode with Angie. They both forgot their wallet and had no money to pay for their meal in the skit. The waiter was not happy and called the sheriff over to their table and he realizes that it's Doris and he starts sing Secret Love.
Funny... This is the only Doris-scene I have seen so far where it was clear she was acting. The whole "I forgot my wallet"-thing seemed so artificial to me...
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

Dianne
Forum Friend

Unread post by Dianne » 26 Aug 2008, 08:35

Hi Carol,
I've often noticed that you've posted about meeting Doris...but I had no idea that you went to meet her for lunch. May I ask you how that came about?
Diane
"To err is human -- to forgive is canine" Unknown

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv » 26 Aug 2008, 09:57

YES, CAROL....when are you going to share the "details" of your meeting and how it came about with all of us insanely jealous members?

BabeWilliams
Honorary Member

Unread post by BabeWilliams » 26 Aug 2008, 10:02

Carol was out all day yesterday. But maybe she'll grace us with her presence today and tell us the story.. it's my very favorite one!!!
Megan
-----------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Dr. Seuss

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June » 26 Aug 2008, 10:19

Well, I can tell my story, what topic shall I post it under? I'll wait for the right person to tell me what this should go under.

Carol

Sheila

Unread post by Sheila » 26 Aug 2008, 17:51

Carol, how about starting a new topic under 'Talking About Doris Day'?...look forward to reading all about it!! :D (That was so kind of you, to save me the confusion of moving the topic. many thanks! :wink: )

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv » 26 Aug 2008, 19:01

yes..how about calling it VISITING DORIS IN PERSON

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June » 27 Aug 2008, 13:19

Sounds like a winner to me.

I will post it when I can get all my thoughts together. Lots to tell.

Carol

DorisDayFanatic
Forum Friend

Unread post by DorisDayFanatic » 18 Oct 2008, 05:04

Has anyone ever seen the episode Doris did with Joan Fontaine? would love to see those 2 legends working together.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 » 20 Oct 2008, 08:56

The episode with Joan Fontaine is one of the those that I have on video tape [somewhere]! The premise if Doris is walking along & meets Joan with her 'baby' - Joan tells Doris she is going to train the dog herself and Doris tells her she really should have the pup professionally trained and encourages Joan to take it to her trainer - [we then have the information segment about training].

Whilst the pup is being trained Doris and Joan have tea and just chat. Joan tells Doris she is responsible for her becoming well known as a vocalist. Doris is amused by this and says something like 'Not another one... responsible...' - Joan tells her when she was first with Les Brown she fell in love with her voice and used to play all her records on the set and various people would stop by and ask who was singing.

Joan talked about how heaven it was to live in Carmel & asked Doris if she would ever work again in show business. Doris replied along the lines of 'I never make plans, I probably will...'

Theodomus
Honorary Member

Unread post by Theodomus » 20 Oct 2008, 09:06

Actually a lesson I don't agree with... Naturally people not experienced should get professional help in training the dog - but not drinking tea in the meantime! Most of the times the OWNERS learn more during such a training than the dog!

And in the end the owner has to deal with the dog, know his reactions and has to interpret his body language... I dog working fine with the trainer can be the worst brat in the hands of an incompetent owner...

But I guess lots of views have changed over the years...
Marion

----------
You are precisely my cuppa tea

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv » 23 Oct 2008, 15:35

As soon as I can find a stereo cassette walkman, I will be happy to share my cassette tape collection of the songs from Best Friends that were never released. I have to get the walkman in order to record them in stereo on a cd from the walkman (the one I have is monoaural). The non-stereo versions
Mike

Beverly Boyer

Unread post by Beverly Boyer » 03 Apr 2009, 18:04

I bought some of the Best Friends episodes on DVD. I am sorry to say I don't remember the website where I found them. They sent me the sections Doris was in, most of the sections with the vet alone, or the guy who took the trips and made little videos of them were cut out - which is fine since I just wanted to see the Doris sections anyway). I received two DVD's, they included... Joan Fontaine, Ryan Melcher, Loni Anderson, Gary Collins, Rock Hudson, Les Brown and the band, Biggest, and several more. It is pretty cool. The quality isn't that great... but it is cool to have. I'll try to find the website again and I'll post it if I do.

Beverly Boyer

Unread post by Beverly Boyer » 14 May 2009, 14:18

Hi,

I mentioned in my last post that I would inform you of the site where I bought the videos of Best Friends. Here it is:

http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/Dori ... er/0/false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The quality is not very good... so I am still waiting anxiously for the real release of the episodes, and these are incomplete... but its watchable and fun to see.

Oh... and on a side note... I got a letter from her yesterday. It made my day.

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 » 14 May 2009, 16:45

That is wonderful, can you share any of what she had to say? :D
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

Beverly Boyer

Unread post by Beverly Boyer » 14 May 2009, 17:43

It was actually kind of personal so I'm not comfortable sharing the contents, but she sounded great.