CHRISTMAS MEMORIES

Talking about "The Doris Day Show".
mikeydv
Music Master

CHRISTMAS MEMORIES

Unread post by mikeydv »

Now out...this dvd features all kinds of material I have never seen before.
Besides the 3 Doris Day Show Christmas tv shows, there is newsreel footage of DoDo; a wonderful conversation where she talks about one of the Christmas Shows while she watches it along with the announcer, and outtakes from her 1950 Radio Show.
By all means, get it, and enjoy it as much as I hav for the past 3 hours!!!!

ray
I danced with Doris!
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: CHRISTMAS MEMORIES

Unread post by ray »

My Christmas Memories DVD is on route and can't wait to see the footage you are talking about. I ordered three as stocking stuffers for friends and know they will love it! You are lucky to have viewed it already, tell us more! Seasons greetings early and with the way things are maybe we can enjoy the Holidays as they are meant to be. Can't wait to hear Doris's comments about the Christmas show.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Me too Ray, that show from Season 3 is [probably] my favourite over all from the whole series.

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

yOU WILL enjoy Doris as she enjoys looking at the show again during the interview. The guy keeps asking her questions, and she keeps apologizing because she is watching (and enjoying) the show.
Some of the newsreel footage is terrific too. (She actually attended lots of award ceremonies and received lots of awards that I didn't realize).
Love the Christmas Songs, too..cuz they are NOT available on any recording I know about (Jingle Bells, Hark The Herald Angels Sing, etc)

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I can't wait to see this dvd! I'm going to wait until closer to Christmas to buy it though. It sounds like it is going to be great! It feels like Christmas already where I live due to the big snow storm we had yesterday!
Hope everyone else is having better weather! :D
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

daybyday08
Honorary Member

Unread post by daybyday08 »

I can't wait to see this dvd! I'm going to wait until closer to Christmas to buy it though. It sounds like it is going to be great! It feels like Christmas already where I live due to the big snow storm we had yesterday!
Hope everyone else is having better weather! :D
It's a wonderful day for Doris Day <3
- Dominique

John M
Honorary Member

Unread post by John M »

Yes, it is a wonderful package.

And the guy on the commentary is Jim Pierson, one of the great unsung heroes of Doris-ville. It's because of him that we have the series on DVD at all, PLUS all those GREAT extras that he put on each season set. He is also repsonsible for the 2 tv specials being released, as well as the extras on those discs too! AND he's responsible for the US release of "The Love Album," with the previously unreleased recordings of "Sentimental Journey," "It's Magic" and "Both Sides Now." 8)
"I wouldn't bring up Paris if I were you. It's poor salesmanship."
- Rick Blaine, Casablanca

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

Thanks for clearing all that up, John. We owe him a big debt of gratitude.
It is also nice to see you back...hope your job is relaxing a bit. Happy Halloween!!!

Angie Palucci

Unread post by Angie Palucci »

I would not complain even a little bit if Pierson could root around for some more of those Doris Day clips. For me it's like growing up all over again. What a blast!

We hope this year Doris and her family (staff and animals) have a lovely Christmas.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

Maybe it won't be such a bad Holiday Season after all, with this DVD to help. For a minute we will forget about the recession and such. I am struggling doing a Security Job but thinking about The Christmas DVD some how makes it alright. Doris is Magic through all the seasons. Yes Hapy Holidays to her and the critters in Carmel!

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

What a lovely photo of doris on this package.Ray everyone I know is feeling the pinch of this terrible economy, sure hope it gets better for you and all of us. Sure is good to see you back on the forum . :wink:
suzie

Ken
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ken »

I received mine this week and enjoy it very much. Great to hear Doris make comments about one of the Christmas shows.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

I got this recently [I know, hardly seasonal]! Anyhow, it was indeed great to hear Doris talk about the Christmas show from the 3rd season - one of my favourites from the whole show.

Doris said of her long eggshell blue coats 'that was a neat coat' and she so obviously enjoyed seeing all the cast assembled at her apartment for Christmas. That episode is so heart warming, sincere and says it all what Christmas should be about - oh and Doris looked superb!

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

The who dun it Santa mystery is my favorite Doris Day show from season four, Charles Nelson Rielly was hysterical who murdered his Uncle because he stole his girl! And the Uncle was 90! A nice picture of Doris and Charles in the Closer collectors issue at newstands now. An entertainer called Rockwell was the young child outside the house when Santa was arrested. Don't know who he is as I am not good with who are current stars. Doris kids herself on the show while watching The Doris Day Show on TV with Cy, her TV boss.