Rush and Doris

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
debey

Rush and Doris

Unread post by debey »

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh as I was sitting in traffic today and a caller came on from Carmel, Ca. Rush perked right up and said to the caller that he was very good friends with Doris Day . The caller, Molly said that she visits with Doris twice a week. I wanted them to continue with Doris as the subject but they moved on to politics. That's when I changed the station.

webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Rush and Doris

Unread post by webmaster »

Lucky old Molly! 8)
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

sunnygail
Forum Friend

Unread post by sunnygail »

I had heard that Doris is a conservative now. I bet you were hopeing that the conversation would have stayed on Doris werent you Debey ? Most likely more interesting than politics lol.

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Rush has talked about Doris long before this recent incident....Doris has long been a conservative and I am sure she probably listens to Rush now and then. I have listened to him ever since he first came on the air with his radio show nearly 20+ years ago. It's nice to hear what is really going on instead of all the fluff.

Mary Anne
"The BEST is yet to come."

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Unread post by littlepinetree »

Sorry folks, but I can't stand Rush. But I do respect Doris' believes, but when it comes to politics, we think very differently. I love Doris very much even though we think differently. It's a free country after all!
I still watch Shirley Temple Black, and is she ever republican! But, I admire their talents. :D

ellenarden
Forum Friend

Unread post by ellenarden »

I also can't stand Rush and I'm a Rep. (Middle of the road; can't stand the political bickering either)
I knew Doris was a Rep also, but I find it hard believe she subscribes to the over the top views of Rush's.
I agree with LPT. I can admire someone's talents without agreeing with their personal views.

Ken
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ken »

I can't stand Rush either!!!!

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

I find this an interesting topic! I'm so glad we all on this forum are mature enough to discuss these sort of things! :D

webmaster

I wouldn't go that far! :wink:

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

Yea but, so far, so good! :D

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

I'm on the same page as LPT when it comes to Rush Limbaugh. But I think his over-the-top rants do more good than harm, simply because most people get the fact that he is as much show biz as he is politics. I can also easily separate Doris' political leanings from my admiration of her work and her humanitarian endeavors. She has a right to her beliefs, as do the rest of us.

Michael H
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

webmaster

Doris is 'officially' non political and, as was explained to me last year by a spokesperson for her, cannot seem to 'take sides' politically. Whatever her politics, she doesn't want to be identified as either Republican or Democrat. It may be that, as the head of a national charity having to deal with the legislators, it might not be appropriate - I don't know. It may be, like many people, she is no longer 'left' or 'right', whatever the reason we should respect her position and not assume we know who she votes for.

Doris Martin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Doris Martin »

webmaster wrote:Doris is 'officially' non political and, as was explained to me last year by a spokesperson for her, cannot seem to 'take sides' politically. Whatever her politics, she doesn't want to be identified as either Republican or Democrat. It may be that, as the head of a national charity having to deal with the legislators, it might not be appropriate - I don't know. It may be, like many people, she is no longer 'left' or 'right', whatever the reason we should respect her position and not assume we know who she votes for.
Well said Bryan....doris martin

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

True Bryan, we really don't know who she votes for.
Politics is just as personal as a persons religion, I believe.

webmaster

I think politics and religion are very different - politics relates to life as we know it, religion relates to what we imagine the next life might be.

Personally, I'm very open about my political ideas and like to discuss political issues with friends and others. I politically lean to the left, although the first time I voted was for Mrs Thatcher but a lot of that was voting for a woman prime minister, thinking that might improve things - boy was I wrong there! Before very long she was using the police to smash the miners and the law to smash the trade unions.

Now in the UK we've had a decade of a 'left wing' government. Labour, who have taken us into two wars and behaved exactly like a conservative government in many ways, so a lot of people, including myself, no longer have any faith in a political 'brand' and are looking for people they can trust who are offering something to improve the lives of ordinary people. Rather like Obama has appealed to the 'working class' in the USA.

Where is our Obama, we ask ourselves in the UK? :evil:

suzie
Forum Big Sister

Unread post by suzie »

webmaster wrote:Doris is 'officially' non political and, as was explained to me last year by a spokesperson for her, cannot seem to 'take sides' politically. Whatever her politics, she doesn't want to be identified as either Republican or Democrat. It may be that, as the head of a national charity having to deal with the legislators, it might not be appropriate - I don't know. It may be, like many people, she is no longer 'left' or 'right', whatever the reason we should respect her position and not assume we know who she votes for.
That is most likely true Bry and to be honest I never thought about it that way, what with her being the head of a huge charity and all.
suzie

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

"Politics is just as personal as a persons religion, I believe."

What I really meant here is that it is a personal choice. I talk about politics a lot too! I sometime drive people crazy! :evil:
Cool topic!

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

Rush may be her friend, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she's a Republican. I've got friends on both sides of the aisle. To each his own!
Like Irene Dunne done.

ellenarden
Forum Friend

Unread post by ellenarden »

Here's an interesting link. Last name on page.
http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neig ... rch=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

webmaster

Yes, that is interesting - seems to contradict the statement made to me. :?

But I'll overlook the $200 to Bush as she's just donated $250,000 to a Horse Rescue and Adoption Center! :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dayfan1962

Unread post by dayfan1962 »

Can't stand Rush, love Doris. I'm a Liberal but I don't mind the political leanings of those I love...

webmaster

I'm a Liberal but I don't mind the political leanings of those I love...
Nicely put - and us liberals try to be tolerant and... em... 'liberal' anyway. :)

littlepinetree
Forum Friend

dayfan1962, I also like what you said.
I see you are new here! A warm welcome!
I hope you will post often.

Little Pine Tree

Jake Iverson
Forum Friend

Unread post by Jake Iverson »

littlepinetree wrote:Sorry folks, but I can't stand Rush. But I do respect Doris' believes, but when it comes to politics, we think very differently. I love Doris very much even though we think differently. It's a free country after all!
I still watch Shirley Temple Black, and is she ever republican! But, I admire their talents. :D

Yes. And Doris is smart because she does not do what other celbrities do, like Heston and Striesand. She keeps her opinion to herself. I do have to laugh though when the conservative e-mails were circulated showing why most men are Republicans, showing the beautiful Republican women versus the less flateringly photgraphed Demorcrat or liberal women, like Streisand and Pelosi. In think we can all agree Doris is beautiful inside and out and that certainly transcends all politics.

Bixby
Forum Friend

Unread post by Bixby »

Doris is RIGHT on!!!