Hi All

Introduce yourself - Other topics - What's on your mind?
Renie
Forum Friend
Spam Prevention: Yes

Hi All

Unread post by Renie »

I'm a very new member of the forum and I'd like to introduce myself. I answer to Renie, my nickname since I was a small child. I was born and raised in Chicago but have lived the greater part of my life in Indianapolis.

I remember hearing Doris sing on the radio and I was so taken with her voice. I was about 7 years old when "Romance on the High Seas" was first released and I got to see it at our local movie theatre. I recall that I didn't understand anything about that complicated plot at the time, but I sure loved hearing Doris sing.

Back in the day, there were very few sources available for celebrity news. I could get Photoplay Magazine or the newspaper or listen to Louella Parsons on the radio. And, there was no guarantee that any of them would mention Doris Day. Fast forward to this forum. I have spent the last several days reading many of the posts and I am absolutely thrilled with all the information all of you have made available about DD.

I used to have a collection of Doris things but it disappeared when I moved in 1991. Maybe someone who worked for the moving company really liked Doris too. I've seen all of her movies and TV shows and have just started watching them all yet again. I just watched Lullaby of Broadway last night and I was reminded of how well she could dance.

One day, I hope I will get to meet Doris in person. Meanwhile, I want to write her a letter. Do any of you have any suggestions about whether email or snail mail would be better, and what email address or street address would be best?

Thanks, Renie

webmaster

Re: Hi All

Unread post by webmaster »

Welcome Renie,

Very interesting to hear your 'Doris story'. I hope you'll be a regular poster and share more - and there's lots more to discover on here now that you are a member. Hopefully you can build up a new collection.

I'll leave the good folks of the forum to answer your question about contacting Doris (she doesn't use email).

Regards

Bryan
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Hi Renie, welcome to the forum - you are very welcome, hope you enjoy.

Re- contacting DD- you should write, her Overlook/ PO Box add is on the forum somewhere?

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

Hi Renie~
Welcome! Here is Doris' P.O. Box #:

Doris Day
P.O. Box 223163
Carmel CA 93922-3163
Don't hold your breath for a reply. Might help if you send a check along with your letter. Remember, she's 90 now.

Lauren

unadka
Forum Friend

Unread post by unadka »

Hi,
you will enjoy this wonderful Forum and get many DD songs, documentaries, interviews and much more.

Your DD friend

Nada from Slovenia, Europe

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Welcome :D I love Doris Doris has a wonderful contralto Greetings from Poland Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Pianoman

Unread post by Pianoman »

If you do want a response from her -- might be best if you sent her photograph to sign along with an SASE. Yes, a donation to the DDAL would also help. She no doubt receives tons of mail so she might not see a solitary letter here and there. Hope this helps.