Que Será Será on new smartphone ad

More video creations and film/audio clips posted on YouTube, etc.
webmaster
Spam Prevention: Yes

Que Será Será on new smartphone ad

Unread post by webmaster » 17 Feb 2019, 16:53

Doris Day sang the song Que Será Será back in the 1950s, but Samsung is giving the song new life as the soundtrack to a spot that is anything but stuck in the past. 'The Future’ shows how the features of the Samsung Galaxy are charging ahead, which juxtaposes the laissez-faire attitude of the classic song with the brand’s forward-thinking innovation."
Not sure if you're seeing this outside of UK yet but it's all over the TV channels in the UK and set for a global audience. The ad, calling it ‘The Future’, from the lyric 'The future's not ours to see', presumably, has won a Best Ad Award. I saw a page as long as a short story mentioning all the people involved - but really Doris, the composers and the original musicians deserve most of the credit!
But you can't hear Doris sing it without feeling a thrill!

Thoughts, comments?
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Jas1
Honorary Member

Re: Que Será Será on new smartphone ad

Unread post by Jas1 » 18 Feb 2019, 09:25

Yes Bryan - love it!

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Unread post by Peter Flapper » 18 Feb 2019, 16:24

Hi all,

It's on Dutch television too!
Like it, but loved to hear more Doris... I hope it will bring, young people, some more attention to Doris music.

P

texas gonzalo
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by texas gonzalo » 18 Feb 2019, 21:54

Bryan, thank you for your posting of the "Que Sera, Sera" clip. Even though Doris Day's voice is somewhat muted, it is still there in all her vocal splendor. Particularly exciting is the last 25 seconds of the commercial where the entire collective chorus comes in, culminating in the extended iconic ending of the song we all know and love. Thanks again for making mine a Happy Day. Texas Gonzalo