On Moonlight Bay/By The Light of The Silvery Moon Compilation -2000

Talking about and listening to Doris Day, the singer.
Johnny
Honorary Member

On Moonlight Bay/By The Light of The Silvery Moon Compilation -2000

Unread post by Johnny » 09 May 2018, 10:06

While unpacking some stored boxes, I happily discovered the Doris Day compilation cd On Moonlight Bay with Paul Weston and his orchestra, The Norman Luboff Choir and Jack Smith. By The Light of The Silvery Moon again with Paul Weston Orchestra and the Norman Luboff Choir is included. The cd still had it's cellophane wrapper on.

On Moonlight Bay songs include:

Moonlight Bay
Till We Meet Again
Love Ya
Christmas Story
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Cuddle Up A Little Closer
Every Little Moment (Has A Meaning All Its Own)
Tell Me

By The Light of The Silvery Moon Songs include:

By The Light of The Silv'ry Moon
Your Eyes Have Told Me So
Just One Girl
Ain't We Got Fun?
If You Were The Only Girl
Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee
I'll Forget You
King Chantieleer

Listening to this cd so filled with charm, sweetness and a depth of feeling is such a uplifting feeling. It is a different and more focused experience than listening to the songs while watching the films. It prompted thoughts about music that was important to people one hundred years ago in the 1917 period. What will people have to say a hundred years from now about our music today? Will there be musicals to capture the current era? I hope so.

Doris was perfectly cast in these sentimental and heartfelt musicals that capture a sense of innocence, optimism, humour and romanticism.

For anyone interested in this cd:

This cd is distributed by Sony Music Entertainment. The website listed on the cd is www.oldies.com.
Johnny